♥32♥ Snow flake in the river

"Snow P(r)incess, thank you fo(r) tuto(r)ing me!" Behind catching rebounds after rebounds, Hayakawa was a boy who would struggle with a subject or two and needed help. 

He could have asked Kasamatsu to help him with the tutoring but he was too scared to ask because the captain's tutoring method involved getting an answer wrong will lead to getting a painful hit to the head. He could have asked Kobori, Moriyama, or even Nakamura for help too but that will lead to Kasamatsu willingly 'offer' his time and it will still lead to Kasamatsu's painful method. 

"You're welcome, Hiro. Is there anything you need help with?" Fuyu kindly asked him. 

"Nope! Wo(rl) histo(r)y is my best subject! I can do this!" 

"That's good to know. With that out of the way, you are away from the mountain of homework you have accumulated." 

Instead of calling his teammates for help, he went ahead and called Fuyu instead. Fuyu was very patient with Hayakawa, her method of tutoring was a great contrast with Kasamatsu's; she would explain things in the simplest way for him to understand. She did not hit him once and Hayakawa found her methods of helping him to be more effective than his captain's. 

"Why did you accumulate so much homework at once?" Fuyu can guess the boy must have been focusing more on basketball than his school life; boys will be boys.

"I fo(r)got!" 

"That is a good enough answer I guess..." 

"We (l)ost at the Inte(r)high so we wi(ll) make it up for the Winte(r) Cup!" 

"That is a good thing too but those striving to win should do well on their school life too." 

"You got me the(r)e! If I need he(l)p again, wi(ll) you he(l)p me? I wo(r)k bette(r) when you a(r)e the(r)e." Hayakawa couldn't look t her in the face because he can feel his face burning to match the color of a fresh tomato. 

Fuyu looked at Hayakawa's averted eyes and she can only smile, he can be cute when he wanted to be. 

Hayakawa didn't get the chance to walk Fuyu home because his Mom and Dad suggested Fuyu should stay for dinner. They want to thank her for getting rid of their son's mountain of homework properly as well as getting to know her. 

Hayakawa's Mother wouldn't stop gushing about what a beauty Fuyu was and how she has always been worried that Hayakawa would never find himself a good girlfriend.

Of course, at the mention of being Hayakawa's girlfriend made Fuyu blush in many shades of red. Hayakawa too was blushing and he couldn't eat his dinner properly since he's being forced into the spotlight by his own Mother. 

Now that Hayakawa think about it, he has never brought a girl back home before. Can it be his parents decided they will not let go such a rare opportunity to see what type of girl he has brought back home? 

"Mitsuhiro, I am very proud of you." Hayakawa's Father can see a great couple in Fuyu and Hayakawa. 

"D-Dad?! S-Snow P(r)incess is not my gi(rl)f(r)iend yet!" Hayakawa then realized he has let his mouth run quicker than his own brain and he looked at Fuyu to see Fuyu looked at him with a light blush on her face. 

"Yet?" Fuyu asked. 

"Gah! My mouth (r)ushed too quick!!!" 

While their son sunk into the bottomless pit of awkwardness with the combination of embarrassment, the parents high fived each other that their son has finally taken the first step into romance...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking Fuyu back home was rather awkward because he was too shy to say anything to her now. He can't look at her in the eyes, he can't say a thing, and he just can't be his usual self now. He glanced at Fuyu to see that she was glancing at him too. 

"Ah!" Fuyu averted her eyes, shy to look at him again. 

"Um...dinne(r) was nice!" He tried to misdirect the awkwardness elsewhere but it doesn't seem to be working because awkwardness lingered in the air between them. 

"Y-yeah..." 

"Uh..." Hayakawa tightened his fist, trying to get rid of the nervous feelings that's whirling inside of his heart. 

He was in love with Fuyu. He was in love with Aozora's Power Forward and he had intended to ask her out when the Winter Cup was over but it seems like his mouth had ruined what he had planned to be romantic. 

'Just do it!' His thought screamed at him to move and he did. He grabbed Fuyu's shoulders and turned her to face him, "Snow P(r)incess, no, Fuyu! Wait, you a(r)e an uppe(r)classman... Fuyu-senpai!" 

"You can use 'san' if you want to, Hiro, you don't have to push yourself..." 

"I want to ask you out afte(r) the Winte(r) Cup is ove(r)! N-not (l)ike go out once o(r) twice, but many, many times!" He took another deep breath, "Be my gi(rl)f(r)iend!" 

A cold wind blew by along with Hayakawa's quick but sincere confession from the bottom of his heart. 

Fuyu turned her face away. Hayakawa can feel his heart shatter-

"Achoo! Sorry, it's has gotten a little cold...um, I am your senpai though..." Hayakawa realized she was giving him her answer! 

"No p(r)ob(l)em! Whethe(r) you a(r)e a senpai o(r) not, I (l)ike you! No! I (l)ove you!" 

"Shut the fuck up, you stupid boy!!!" 

His very loud confession made a cranky neighbor shout back in annoyance, making Fuyu take Hayakawa's hand and walk him away from the neighbor's house...

"Hiro, you shouldn't be so loud in the middle of the night." Fuyu lectured Hayakawa, "I don't think that old man's reply voiced my answer." 

"Then..." 

"This is my answer..." Fuyu kissed him on the cheek, making Hayakawa's eyes wide. "If you are fine with me, I'm happy." 

"Eh? Then what is my answe(r)?" 

"I already gave you my answer." 

"You didn't say it in wo(r)ds." 

"H-hey, I am shy about this too, you know..." 

"You'(r)e bad with othe(r) guys but I know you a(r)e good with me."

"You're really bad at reading the meaning behind actions..." Fuyu told herself that she will need to tutor Hayakawa on that department too...