Don't run away from me chapter 29

Start from the beginning

          “What do you mean?” I asked my inner wolf.

          “The killings? The mate? Doesn’t that ring a bell?” he retorted and with that it seems the dots are connecting itself, ‘and if ever I’m right, that ‘class’ is Eve’s class’ I thought as I sat on the couch right next to a tree lamp, hands propping my chin as I leaned on it, ‘but how did those people know about his existence, he’s not even marked yet ‘ my thoughts were all over the glass room as I continued to connect the missing clues in my head, if it’s not night and the lamps light reflecting on it I bet I would mistakenly thought it has no wall there because it’s so well made you can practically see everything from the outside, too bad it’s dark, I bet the view here is nice.

          “Here” a hot mug filled with hot Chocó and marshmallows broke the trail of thoughts in my head, “S-sorry did I interrupted you?” he continued hands quite shaking and I can hear his heartbeat beats fast.

          I leaned forward taking the mug while trying to give him a reassuring smile, “no, and thanks” I said as I lifted the mug, “It should be me saying sorry for interrupting you guys” I continued.

          A frown shown its way in his forehead when I apologized to him, his lips were slowly parting as he sat across from me.

          Guess Ash was right he doesn’t know anything about us and our custom of marking our mate.

          “Oh sorry I didn’t mean anything, but what I meant by that is you guys sleeping” I continued as I took a small sip, “anyway is there any interesting occurrences going on in the school?” I asked trying to look for another clues.

          He shook his head as he smiled, “No…why?” he continued still smiling at me, doesn't this guy get tired of smiling?.

          “About that wound” I continued as I pointed my fingers at it, “How did you got it?”.

          “P-paper cut….yeah paper cut” he said and the sound of his voice has a trail of doubt and hesitant, he kept on fondling the handles of his mug.

          “Paper cut…by any chance have you seen any odd things there? Maybe someone who doesn’t belong there?” I asked trying to provoke him.

          “when you say it” he said peering in my eyes, “I think I saw something, an old girl but yeah an old girl she’s wearing a black cape and…nah it’s just my imagination so forget it”.

          An old girl? Black cape?.......... It can’t be it.

          “How about Ash, did he said something about you? Maybe acting way too different from the usual?”