Chapter 1

(Annette's POV)

The day I met David is, and will always be, the best day of my life. The next day, as I sat outside my Biology class waiting for Tammy to show up so I could tell her what happened, David passed right by me. He quickly walked back and smiled down at me, causing me to stand quickly and slip. His warm hand caught my cold arm and I blushed deeply as the warmth from his fingers flowed through me and chased away the chill from the autumn air that had been following me around. He let go and I immediately missed his touch.

"Good morning, Annette. How are you this morning?"

I smiled up at the tall student in front of me, "Good morning, David. I'm okay, just glad that you caught me after I finished my coffee, and you?"

He laughed at my words and looked down at me, "Great, especially now that I got to see you. I'll see you tomorrow at lunch, little lady."

I blushed and he waved as he walked away, walking right past Tammy. She glanced between me and him, running as fast as her heels would let her, to my side.

"Annette... Who was that hunk that just walked away smiling?"

I smiled at her and quickly explained what had happened in the cafeteria the day before as we roamed the hallways. She squealed and hugged me in the middle of the hallway, "My little girl is growing up! You actually talked to a good looking guy all by yourself!"

She hugged me tighter as I squirmed in her arms, trying to break free of her death grip. I was finally released when her short time boyfriend, Patrick, walked by, smiling at her. I raised an eyebrow at her and she punched my arm, causing me to punch her back. We quickly headed back to our hallway, running into class as the bell rang. I smiled and sat in my seat, pulling my notebook out and tuning out the noises around me. I began to write, not stopping my poetic words from flowing until the end of class. I stared down at the blank notes in front of me and sighed, knowing I would have to find the time to actually research the topic on the board.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I counted down the minutes until lunch, restlessly glancing at the clock as the time seemed to slow. The bell finally rang and I rushed Tammy out of the room as quickly as possible, ignoring Shawn's glances. Tammy sighs as I pull her down the halls only slowing when I get closer to the cafeteria. I round the corner and immediately lock eyes with David, looking down and blushing. I let go of Tammy and walk to my seat, sitting in front of the unnaturally attractive male and sensing her presence beside me. I look up at him to see him already staring at me, causing me to smile. He smiles back and looks at Tammy, speaking in his quiet deep voice, "Hi, you must be Tammy. It's nice to meet you."

She smiles at him and elbows me lightly, "It's nice to meet the man who pulled my little Annette out of her shell for over ten minutes."

He chuckled at her words and glances at me before looking back at her, "Well it wasn't to hard. I just refrained from speaking in sexual innuendos and she just blossomed in front of my eyes."

I blushed and sat back in my seat, feeling speechless. He smirked and sat back, pressing my legs in between his. Tammy glanced between the two of us and smiled, taking her phone out. We both looked at her and glanced at each other, looking away awkwardly before taking our phones out. As I unlocked it, it suddenly vibrated and I smiled, opening the message from the person in front of me.

(Unknown #) Hey good looking. ;)

(Me) Hi.

(David) What are you doing?

I looked up to see him smirking at me, waiting for an answer. I looked back down and quickly answered.

(Me) Brushing legs with a new friend. How about you?

(David) I'm jealous of this new friend. I'm just texting the beautiful girl sitting across from me.

I blushed and felt his legs brush against mine more, making me smile. Tammy poked me unexpectedly and made me jump slightly.

"Why don't you two just talk like normal people?"

We both blushed brightly at her words and looked at each other before looking back at her, David answering before I can, "Because we aren't normal people."

I nodded in agreement, pushing my glasses farther up my nose and putting my small hands on the table. David looked at my hands, grabbing both of them in one of his large ones and chuckled, shaking them around, "You're hands are so tiny."

I laughed quietly and pulled my hands back, "No, your hands are just really big."

We laughed together and the bell rang, making us both stand quickly. I looked up at him as we walked, taking in his wide shoulders, tall frame, and slightly unshaved face.

He looked down at me and our eyes met, neither of us wanting to look away. Tammy cleared her throat and we looked away, blushing and continuing to walk, He slipped into his class silently, whispering a goodbye as Tammy and I ran back to our class. We walked in laughing, Tammy sighing as she took her front row seat and looking back at me. I smirked and took my back row seat, immediately looking down when Shawn took his seat beside me.

He poked my side and smiled, "Hey, Annie."

I smiled back politely and nodded at him, opening my Latin textbook. He sighed and relaxed back in his seat, playing with his pencil as the teacher began teaching again. I took notes as quickly as possible, biting my lip as I tried to keep my mind from straying to David.

He stayed in the back of my head for the rest of the day and throughout the next few weeks, never leaving it for more than a few seconds. We continued to sit together in lunch, smile at each other in the hallways, and text each other constantly. Before we knew it, October was over and November was approaching; but David never asked me out.