The Christmas Invasion

The Doctor opened the TARDIS doors before I could reach him. As soon as the mind bond went blank I knew he had collapsed. "Dad!" I shouted

"What happened? Is he alright?" Rose asked

"I don't know, he just kneeled over. But who is he? Where's the Doctor?"

"That's him, right in front of you. That's the Doctor," I told her

"What do you mean, that's the Doctor? Doctor who?" Jackie asked

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Jackie came in and handed me the stethoscope. As I watched the Doctor sleeping in the bed "Here we go. Tina the cleaner's got this lodger, a medical student, and she was fast asleep, so I just took it. Though I still say we should take him to hospital,"

"We can't. They'd lock him up. They'd dissect him. One bottle of his blood could change the future of the human race," Rose told her mum.

I let out a sigh of relief "Both working,"

"What do you mean, both?"

"Well, he's got two hearts,"

"Oh, don't be stupid,"

"He has,"

"Anything else he's got two of us?"

"Oi! That's my father your talking about," I left the room with them, and never noticed the golden energy fly out of his mouth as more was absorbed by me.

I headed into the living room to see what was on the telly as Rose and her mum talked. I stopped flipping when I saw Harriet Jones on one of the channels "Is that Harriet Jones?" Rose soon joined me in the living room "Why's she on the telly?"

"She's Prime Minister now. I'm eighteen quid a week better off. They're calling it Britain's Golden Age. I keep on saying my Rose has met her,"

"Did more than that. Stopped World War Three with her. Harriet Jones," I stated

"Prime Minister, what about those calling the Guinevere One Space Probe a waste of money?" A reporter asked

"Now, that's where you're wrong. I completely disagree if you don't mind. The Guinevere One Space Probe represents this country's limitless ambition. British workmanship sailing up there among the stars,"

I smiled at her thought "This is the spirit of Christmas, birth and rejoicing, and the dawn of a new age, and that is what we're achieving fifteen million miles away. Our very own miracle,"

"The unmanned probe Guinevere One is about to make it's final descent. Photographs of the Martian Landscape should be received by midnight tonight,"

"Oh, no. Don't come around, darling. No, flat's all topsy turvy. Yeah, she just barges in and litters the place. Yeah. No, I'll come round and see you on Boxing day," she handed me cup of hot chocolate while leaving the Doctor some tea.

"Thank you," I mouthed as she was still on the phone, I never noticed the golden energy being exhaled. I quickly stood up when I heard Rose and Mickey burst in.