The Hogwarts Professors

It was Hermione's first day as the Transfiguration teacher at Hogwarts and she was feeling extremely excited and thrilled to have the job. That was, until she saw Draco Malfoy.

"Malfoy?" she gasped.

"Granger? What the hell are you doing here?" he hissed.

"I could ask the same of you!"

"Well, I asked you first!"

"If you must know, I'm the new Transfiguration teacher."

"And I'm the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor."

"Better be careful then, that job is always vacant after a year. Wonder what'll happen to you."

"Very funny, Granger. You know that curse was lifted when Voldemort died."

"Is there a problem here?" said Professor McGonagall, the headmistress.

"No, professor." they both said sheepishly.

"Excellent. Now, I know you two didn't get on that well at school, but you're not students anymore and you have to set an example. Now, I must be off. Lots to do before the students arrive."

Professor McGonagall hurried off and Draco turned to Hermione.

"You shouldn't have any problem with that." he said, "You've always been Little Miss Perfect."

Hermione pushed past him, taking care to stomp on his foot, before grabbing her suitcase and heading to her room.

~*~

Draco was hanging his robes up in the wardrobe in his bedroom when there was a knock on his door.

"Come in." he said. The door opened and Hermione stepped into the room. "What?" he spat.

"Look, Draco, I'm not here to argue with you."

"Then what do you want?"

"I want to know why you hate me."

Draco sighed and looked Hermione in the eye.

"I don't hate you." he said.

"Then why are you so awful to me?"

There was a pause where Draco simply looked at Hermione, his lips pursed as if trying to contain something. Then, without warning, he walked over to Hermione and gently pushed her into the wall, pressing his body onto hers.

"Because I'm in love with you and have never been very good with feelings." he whispered. Before she could reply, he pressed his lips gently to hers.

When he pulled away, Hermione blushed.

"I should, uh, I should go." she stammered and Draco's heart sank. But, before she left, she planted a quick kiss on his lips and hurried out of the room.

Draco smiled after her.

"There will be none of that in front of the students, Professor Malfoy." came Professor McGonagall's voice.

"Uh, yes, professor." Draco blushed. He would just have to be more careful.