The Haunted House

Hermione and her two best friends, Harry and Ron had decided to go to a haunted house for Halloween.

The house was a huge building made of grey stone. Screams erupted from it's walls.

Hermione grabbed Harry and Ron's hands. "I'm scared." she whispered.

"Me too." said Harry. Ron merely squeaked. They stepped through the huge oak door, along with a few other groups of people.

They waited there for a while, but nothing happened. Hermione realised that she was holding her breath and exhaled, the noise quite loud in the almost silent room.

It was then that the lights went out.

"Oh my God." said Harry. Hermione tightened her grip on the boys' hands as Ron began whimpering.

"Ron, what's the matter with you?" Hermione snapped. She hadn't meant to, but she was so scared that she couldn't stop herself.

"There's something stood in front of me." Ron barely whispered.

All of a sudden, the lights came back on and, sure enough, a scary-looking clown stood in front of Ron, along with several others that were dotted around the room. Everyone in the room screamed as the clowns began laughing wickedly.

Ron and Harry let go of Hermione's hands and ran, leaving her stood there, alone. The clown started moving towards her. She was about to run when someone grabbed her shoulders and turned her to face them, surprising Hermione and causing her to scream.

It was a boy, with hair so white that it looked unnatural.

"Look at me and listen carefully. This isn't real. That's a person dressed as a clown. They won't hurt you. Got it?" he said. Hermione gulped and nodded. "Good. Come on." He grabbed her hand and dragged her away from the clown and into the next room.

~*~

They made their way through the entire house like this, the boy pulling Hermione around all of the obstacles in their path, never letting go of her hand.

When they had finally gotten out of the house, the boy turned to her and smiled.

"See? That wasn't so bad, now, was it?" he said.

"Who are you?" Hermione asked. The boy just laughed and handed her a piece of paper.

"I'm Draco, by the way." he said before running off.

Hermione opened the slip of paper and saw that a phone number was written on it. A smile spread across her face.

She was still smiling when Harry and Ron came running over to her.

"Hermione!" cried Harry.

"We've been looking for you everywhere! What happened to you?" asked Ron.

"Well, I had to make my own way through the house when you two ditched me." she said. The two boys looked sheepishly at the ground. "Come on, let's go." she said, grabbing the boys and pulling them away from the house, still smiling widely.