Monday February 24th

Start from the beginning

"What happened to your hair? Are you bleeding or something?" I joke at the end. Frank looked at me confused for a second, before realising that I was talking about his newly red hair.

"I dyed it." He says simply, preparing some coffee for himself. I raised my eyebrows at him, who's clearly not understanding that by 'what the hell happened to your hair?' I meant 'why?'. Noticing my confused expression he decides to elaborate. "This morning." He added.

"Why?" I ask, curious as to why my friend had the sudden urge to dye his hair red, red of all colours.

"I don't exactly know, it's a cool colour and, the other night I had this weird dream, with red hair and- I don't know, I thought it was a good idea." He says, throwing his arms into the air in a form of agitation towards the end, the aforementioned probably nothing to do with me. The agitation probably had something to do with the confusion of the previously mentioned dream.

"Oh, okay." I say simply, sighing out and downing the remainder of my coffee. I breathed in through my nose and smelt cigarette smoke. "Well, if Gerard is going to be smoking in the house I'm going to fucking smoke in the house too, no matter what that asshole says!" I exclaim, pulling the packet out of my pants pocket and lighting one, breathing in the thing that will surely kill me.

"Mind if I do too?" Frank asks, pulling out his own pack and holding it loosely, in a somewhat questioning manner.

"Go right ahead." I say, gesturing towards his pack with the hand that currently holds my cigarette. He lights one and then puts the pack and the lighter back in his pocket. "Please tell me that the bathroom isn't covered in red hair dye. That shit is a pain in the ass to clean up." I say looking at my friend with wide eyes, remembering when Gerard decided to dye his hair bright red a few months ago.

"Don't worry, I went to a motel and made it look like someone was murdered in the bathroom of the room I stole a key to." He says smirking, then taking a drag of his smoke. "Honestly it looks like someone was massacred with a knife in that bathroom with the amount of red hair dye I got everywhere, but it's not my problem." He says shrugging.

"You stole the key to a motel room just so that you could dye your hair?" I ask, just a little proud of Frank, who has never done anything more illegal than stealing candy from those wall things in the grocery store.

"Yes." He says. We finish our cigarettes and coffee and then grab our school bags and head out the door.

"Goodbye Gerard, I'm going to school now, Frank and I will be back later!" I call into the house.

"Okay!" I hear my older brother's voice call back. "Ray is coming over so don't worry about me!" He calls again just before I close the door.

"Okay!" I call again and then close the door, picking up my skateboard with a Gerard Way custom paint job underneath. Frank picks up his own which also has Gerard's artwork underneath, he was bored and Frank's was plain so I gave Gerard the board and told him to have fun with it, because Frank didn't care.

Gerard's POV
9:32 am

"Who is this dude?" Ray asks, looking at me as if my head was rolling around on the floor, and the way my head is spinning, that just might be the case- oh look, there it goes, bright red hair getting all knotted up on the floor.

This dude that I found on the beach is going to cause me to go insane, they're all I think about, and it's weird, I've never even thought about Mikey this much in the same period of time. I just wish I knew who they were, despite my thoughts about I was only supposed to be in their lives for that one morning, but I just want to know who they are. I could always stalk them, or show up at their door, but that'd be weird.