“Well... where to start? Uh... Hmm... Well I got shut in a mental institution a few years back-”

“I was wondering why those sort of antics sounded familiar, carry on love”

“I went to Paris, got drunk with one of my vampire buddies, we threw confetti off the Eifel tower... attempted to assassinate the president, just to see if it was possible, which fortunately it wasn’t possible, although if I had used my powers... he might not be alive”

“Sounds like you had fun, didn’t you love?”

“Eh? It was fun... for a while then I got bored, went home and blah blah blah, here I am and here you are viola!”

He chuckled “we should get back before your brothers worry too much Megan”

“Stefan’s already got wrinkles, what's another few?”

“I suppose your right love, as per usual, but we still have to get you back, I’d prefer it if Stefan and Damon didn’t lock you in the cellar if they found out who you were with”

“Id burn it down and you know it, but fine... if it will make you happy...”

“Very” he stated, smiling more than I had seen him smile in years... since I had seen him that is he hoisted me up onto his back so I had my arms wrapped around his neck

He used his vampire speed to run back to the Salvatore boarding house, he put me down gently as if I was made of porcelain “Now promise me love, that you won’t tell those brothers of yours that you were with ‘Mr creepy stalker guy’ ok?”

“Ha ha. I won’t I’d like to be able to leave the house in the morning, you know I won’t tell”

“Just to make sure. You will not tell Damon and Stefan who you were with” he compelled me

“I wasn’t going to tell them you idiot, I'm not talking to you anymore”

“Really love?” he questioned raising one of his eyebrows and crossing his muscular arms

To prove a point to him, I walked up the steps to the boarding house and walked inside without blinking.

I heard his soft chuckle echo from outside the door, and the whoosh of air signalling he was gone.

I let out a breath and sat down with a glass of whiskey just as Damon walked in with a determined look on his face.

“No” I stated as he looked at me

“No what?”

“No I'm not helping you with your diabolical plans, that's if you’ve got any, and the look on your face says you do, so spill”

“Fine, I’m going to get drunk coz I DONT CARE!” he yelled and started dancing around, which for Damon means that he was already drunk beyond the norm.

---

I looked at Damon as he drowned a full bottle of scotch.

What happened to make him want to get drunk?

More to the point where is bloody Stefan?

“Damon, are you ok?” I asked sheepishly

I looked at my older brother who was behaving like a two year old would.

“Just peachy lovely darling little sister” he smiled grabbing my hands and dancing me around in a circle.

I frowned, and then though of something that would stop our house ending up looking like a volcano and a twister had sex.