Chapter 13

Diana and Patrick

She said she didn't love him, but, she went out with him a lot, to watch movie, to visit the beach or to go shopping. He came to the mansion several times just to hang out with her and to have dinner with Nana.

He clearly knew who she was and James was only hoping that he wouldn't tell a soul about his princess or took advantage of her status or he would do something about it.

But James wanted to forget what happened between them because today was his day. Diana had asked him to go out on a date with her. Funny, she remembered this particular promise but not the rest, not even the time when she punched Wilson.

James noticed that she made an effort for this plan. She looked stunning, with a new a dress that he had never seen before, she had secretly bought it specially for this occasion.

She braided her long hair loosely, creating some sexy strands covering her long neck. A small hair piece held the side of her hair matched her diamond necklace. She looked sweet and vulnerable.

He checked on her from the corner of his eye. She sat on the passenger seat neatly, her lips smiling and she moved slightly following the rhythm of the song from the radio.

"Where are you taking me?" she sounded excited.

"Somewhere nice and quiet."

"Quiet eh?"

"Yes Miss Ana, quiet so we can talk."

"Talk? What do you want to talk about?"

He was thinking to tell her the truth about Nicholas but he wasn't entirely sure that she would take it easy. She wasn't ready and he wasn't ready to be rejected by her.

He wanted to charm her, to make her open her heart to him before he told her the truth so he shook his head. "Anything." He finally replied.

She laughed, "Like what we talked about at home? Some nonsenses?"

"Yes, exactly that." He laughed with her. Some nonsenses... The only conversation that wouldn't end up with them arguing like five-year-olds.

He had been behaving oddly for weeks already Diana thought. He didn't piss her off at all which was weird. He'd been nice and helpful. No mocking, no rolling eyes, no tortures... Well, he was still torturing her in the gym, but he stopped yelling at her. He encouraged her instead. He was sweet and caring. Diana loved the change but she was too scared to trust him.

She didn't want to be disappointed if he decided to go back to his normal self. It would be hurtful.

She raised her hand and touched his forehead.

"What are you doing?" he asked. His eyes didn't leave the road and his hands were still on the steering wheels.

"I am checking if you're okay." She said, her big brown eyes stared at him intently.

"Why?"

"Because you've changed."

"Changed?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yes. You are nicer."

"Can't I be nice?" he turned his head slightly to look at her face.

"Of course you can, but I don't trust you."

"What do you mean?"

"I think you're up to something."

He looked hurt. "No I am not."

"Promise?"

"Promise." He laughed softly. Diana could be so damn cute sometimes.

He stopped the car in front of a small Italian restaurant that she never knew existed and as always he opened the door for her and took her hand when she got off the passenger seat.