chapter 1

Chapter 1:
Maya's POV:
I'm walking into a world of complete and utter confusion, excitement, fear and bliss. The world i'm stepping into, You may think that i'm just going to high school. Well no this is serious, I'm working as a Surgical Intern at John Quincy Memorial Hospital. I step into the OR (operating room) and all i can feel is bliss, i'm completely calm here. I love it. Growing up in middle school and high school I was always an outcast my mom wasn't the best mom. Technically she was the worst mom ever probably. She was a stripper. So every time she did come home i was hopping she wasn't drunk, high, or she brought a guy home. But the worst scenario that happened is that she was drunk, high and having sex with a random guy. My mom did abuse me at time to time but I don't want to talk about that..So I just do what i do with every problem, i shut it out. Yup that's me Maya Hart daughter of a stripper, It brings all the guys knocking at my door. Going threw high school i was never depressed or suicidal. I usually had a strong act on. Mainly because in this world now its kill or be killed. But the twist is that we pretend that we have no blood on our hands. Growing up in my middle school years i realized this. Everyone wants to be known as an important figure thats just a fact. Its nice to be important but more important to be nice. Now some of my thoughts were proven to be wrong. I realized in the beginning of high school that its okay not to be nice sometimes. Not because you feel that you should be rude to anyone. Its that you feel that someone no longer deserves the kindness you give them. You'll end up real disappointed if you think people will do the same for you as you do for them. Sometimes you need to accept the fact that not everyone has the heart as you do. Now you're probably wondering what does this have to do with right now. Well one of my theories has stayed the same. Everyone want's to be known as an important figure. That remains the same. So me, i want to do something my Mother could have never done. Change lives, for better. Hopefully. Now remember what i said in the beginning how i shut out every problem? In early tenth year of high school something happened that it was only a matter of time that people would find out. And that problem is going to follow me for the rest of my life.. In 9th grade of high school. Me being my freshman, curious self went to a senior graduation after party. The main reason why i went was to get out of the house and forget about all the shit that was going on in there. So i started drinking and drinking led to one thing then you know it i'm in bed with the hot senior. The biggest mistake of my life was sleeping with that tool, and well loosing my virginity to him. Huge mistake. The reason why i'm telling you my depressing life story is that this OR this room might just be four walls. But this is a place were i don't feel alone. And my in my whole lifetime i've never experienced this feeling, The feeling of feeling okay, Normal i guess you can say. I've always felt isolated, alone even in a room filled with people, But not now. And i love it. After experiencing every emotion possible the Surgeon/ Chief Resident Doctor Feeny made a speech. "Take a look around you, Look at your competition. A month ago, you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. Seven of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will transfer into a easier specialty. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. This is your starting line, This is your arena. How well you play? Thats up to you. Meet your competition," Scanning the people theirs about 6 Residents they say. And theirs 5 interns for each Resident. Well you do the math 6x5 equals 30 so i'm competing with 29 different people, wow.

AUTHORS NOTE READ FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THIS STORY, PLEASE!

hey guys! so first of all i'm not starting off the story introducing Lucas first. You will see / hear of him in the next chapter. I thought it would be good to show Maya's back story first and her story now then proceed with her love life.

please tell me what you guys think about this book so far!

GREYS. YOU ARE THE MEGA INSPIRATION FOR THIS BOOK IF YOU DON'T WATCH THE SHOW GREY'S ANATOMY I RECOMMEND YOU DO BECAUSE ITS AWESOME. IF YOU DO WATCH THIS SHOW THAN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT I'M WRITING MAYA AS A SOMEWHAT MEREDITH CHARACTER.

vote, comment, follow and tell me feed back! love you guys!!