2 ♪ can we go all the way?

2 -- can we go all the way?

M E L O D Y

Go All The Way by The Raspberries lightly played throughout the ship, and I hummed along to the song that I love. I sat at a table, watching Peter tap buttons onto the large screen. The little tablet on the table started to beep, and I looked down at it, seeing Yondu's face.

A disgusted expression was now on my face, "Yondu's calling," I told Peter.

He looked at me from over his shoulder and he actioned my same exact facial expression, "You know what to do." I quickly reached for the decline button, but I accidentally pressed the accept button on the right. I have got to stop doing that!

I mentally cursed, and Peter was now fully facing me. He didn't say anything, but his eyes were closed. He knew that I accidentally pressed the accept button, again.

Yondu's blue face showed up on the screen behind Peter, "Quill!" he sounded so done with. Probably because we've mostly been declining his calls.

"Hey, Yondu," Peter slowly turned around.

"I'm here at Morag. Ain't no orb, ain't no you!"

"Well, I was in the neighborhood, I thought I'd save you the hassle," Peter lied.

"Well, where ya'll at now, boy?" Yondu pursed his lips, not buying it.

"I feel really bad about this, but I'm not gonna tell you that."

Yondu pointed his finger at him, starting to shout, "I slaved puttin' this deal down-"

"Slaved making a few calls," Peter mocked.

"And now you better rip me off!" They both started to talk over each other, arguing, and Peter was trying to keep calm. I feel really bad for pressing the wrong button, again.

I looked down at my hands that rested in my lap.

"Really?"

"We do not do that to each other, we're Ravengers," Yondu frustratingly told him, ""

Peter cut him off again, "Yeah, and that code is 'steal from everybody'."

"When I picked you up on Terra," I heard Peter mumble a few things, "These boys of mine wanted to eat you both!"

"Yeah?" Peter grit through his teeth.

"They'd never tasted anything Terran, before. I stopped them, you're alive because of me! I will find you! I will-" Peter had enough, so he ended the call, Yondu's face disappearing.

I stood up, my hands still playing with each other. Peter turned around, sighing. I hated seeing him so worked up. I didn't say anything, and he didn't either.

As I walked over to him, I pulled him in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist, and I felt his wrap around my shoulders. I rested my head on his chest, and we slowly started to sway. I smiled, an unknown feeling that I felt in my stomach.

Honestly, I loved hugging Peter. His presence is just so welcoming and so warm, he makes me feel safe.

"It feels so right, being with you here, tonight."