Play Dates and Pasts

Zeref Dragneel's POV

"Mavis, even though this is painful, I'll help you ease the pain." I said in a soft tone. I came closer to her face and we were only 2 inches apart. I lean in and

              I grabbed her head in a violent-ish way. I was getting so impatient and irritated!
"Honestly. Do you even have a brain in your head Mavis? Is it a size of a pea or even smaller?" I sighed in frustration.
"Itai*! Stop it hurts! Studying and doing the project hurts my soul and you grabbing my head hurts too!"
              I don't even get why I accepted her request for having a "Project Play date" on Friday. I should have known she was dumb before but I didn't know that she couldn't even have even memorize one problem in an hour. That's a major problem.

-Flashback-

              After class ended, it was lunchtime. I went up to the rooftop as usual and sat there looking at the sky. I heard the door open and look back. Of course, it's obviously Mavis, who else would it be anyways?
"Konnichiwa* Zeref! I got this fantastic idea. I think you'll like it too!" Mavis joyfully said. Crap, I just had a shiver going down my spine.
"Let's have... A project play date! Doesn't that sound fun! Alright it's planned! I'm going to be coming to your house on Friday at-"
"Nani*? Are you still in elementary school baka*? Also, don't make random plans all of the sudden and not get my permission beforehand!"
"Also, no, I won't let you come over at my house on Friday for a so called "Project Play date." I laid on the ground and look at the sky again. The worst possible scenario that Mavis can do is keep persisting and ask me whenever she has time (Which in this case, Mavis has A LOT of free time on her hands).
              Yep. I jinxed it. When the period was over, she ran to the classroom I was in and waited for me to come out and asks me if I change my mind about the play date. At lunch, she goes up to the rooftop and asks me about it too. When school ends, as soon as I start walking home, she dashes to catch up to me and asks me what? You guessed it. The play date. What I dread the most is her whining. When she repeatedly says
"Onegaishimasu*!" She has been keeping this up for 2 days now! There's nothing I can do anymore.
"Fine. Meet me at the school at 12:00 pm." I sigh and I start walking away from her. From the corner of my eye, I see Mavis smiling so brightly like the sun in the summer. Though, I was irritated, I couldn't help to grin a little bit too.

-Present-

              In the end, I ended up doing most of the work but Mavis had some pretty creative ideas which surprised me a little.
"I'm hungry Zeref. Do you know how to cook? Can you cook food for me?" Mavis whined.
"I know how to cook but I'm not cooking for you." ...I shouldn't have told her I knew how to cook.
"Onegaishima-!"
"Hai* hai*! I got it. Stop whining. Is fried rice okay?" I stood up and looked at her. She nodded her head and she had a light and melodious aura surrounding her.
"Oh! By the way! What was his name... Natsu! He's your younger brother, right?" I looked at her with a straight face.
"Yeah. We don't talk anymore though or see eachother. (Hehe did you see that song reference? We don't talk anymore)."
"Don't you guys have a good relationship with eachother when you guys were children? What happened?"
              What?! How did she know that?
"What made you have that idea?" I said.
"There's a picture on a stand. One kid looks like Natsu since he has almost the same look as he has now. Also, the kid next to him looks like you. It looks like you guys were having fun in this photo." Mavis said while smirking as if she were a smart person. There's no point in hiding the past from her now.
"Ever since we were little, Natsu and I were good friends but we didn't know we were brothers," I said a little quietly but I knew Mavis could hear me.
"As the years passed by, we were great friends until a new student came. Her name was Lucy Heartfilia. Natsu developed a big crush on her but he didn't know her true personality like when she splashed paint on you and hit you with the bucket on purpose. I was the only one who knew and apparently, he started hanging out with Lucy more often than me so our relationship grew apart." I sadly finished my sentence and I heard a sniffle behind me.
I looked back immediately and I saw tears flowing from Mavis's eyes. She quickly used her sleeve to wipe it all away but her cheeks were still red.
"I'm sorry for asking you these personal questions. I was so curious and caught up about your life that I even made you say a bad memory. I'm sorry..." She started sobbing again. I finished cooking the fried rice and gave her a box tissues that were on the counter.
"It's okay. It's in the past anyways,"
"Here's the fried rice you were so desperately wanting for." She looked at it with amazement.
"Itadakimasu*!"
She ate a spoonful of fried rice and she enjoyed it so much that she ate the whole bowl in a few seconds.
"Delicious! Thank you Zeref!" She said happily.

Mavis Vermillion's POV

Is it time already to leave? Darn it.
"I should be heading home now, it's getting kinda dark." I said a little sadly. I really didn't want this day to end since I had so much fun with Zeref. He nodded his head and went to open the front door. I pack my stuff, put my shoes back on and I took one step out the door but then I hugged Zeref.
"Thank you for today. I really had fun. I'm glad you opened up to me and if you have any problems, I'm here to listen. Bye bye!" I let go of him and ran back home instantly.

I cheeks were turning pink and my heart was beating fast.

Mavis Vermillion's and Zeref Dragneel's POV

Mavis: Geez, what did I just do!?
Zeref: My ears were turning red so was my face. I felt a little happy for some reason.

Both: What could this mean?

Japanese Learning 101

1. Itai (痛い) = Ouch/Painful
2. Konnichiwa (こんにちは) = Hello
3. Nani (何) = What
4. Baka (バカ) = Idiot/Stupid/Fool
5. Onegaishimasu (お願いします) = Please
6. Hai (はい) = Yes/Okay
7. Itadakimasu (頂きます) = Let's eat (Usually Japanese people say that before a meal).