Opposites Attract

Zeref Dragneel's POV

She is so strange. Anyone who could have saw me the first time would have freaked out and stayed away from me. I don't want to trust her. But I have a feeling she's different from everyone else but I can't go into conclusions yet.

Mavis Vermillion's POV

Yes! I made my first friend! I never knew I would get this far anyways! But then I realized something.
"Hey Zeref,"
"What now?"
"Now that I think of it, you never smiled once before... right?"
"Why would you think that!?"
"I don't know. OH! Smile for me please Zeref!"
"Why would I smile when it's being forced? It's not real anyways." I pouted and put my hands on his shoulders and shook him back and forth like a lot. A lot a lot I mean with all my strength. Then all of the sudden, he started looking a little sick. Oh crap did I use to much force? Is he motion sick?
"Oh, I forgot to tell you, I'm usually motion sick so don't shake me around too much." He looked sick but it eventually went away and I felt bad for doing that.
"Gomennasai*! I'm sorry for not knowing you had a motion sickness!" He looked at me with a small bit of joy tinted in his eyes.
"Pfft. Idiot how are you suppose to know I had motion sickness anyways when we just met eachother?" Wow. So he can laugh! Who would have known?
The bell rang for the next period.
"Zeref, what class do you have next?"
"Art,"
"I have art too! Let's walk there together!"
"No thanks, I'd rather walk alone than with you" Zeref teased and walked away at a fast pace.
"Hey!" I was irritated at first but I felt like we became closer as friends. I ran and caught up to him and I beat him to the art room but he wasn't even racing me or trying anyways.
We entered the art room and suddenly I see Lucy with a bucket full of paint facing towards us and Zeref picked me up and we went a little to the side enough so that the paint doesn't ruin our clothes. After she threw the paint, her hand slipped and she let go of the bucket and it hit me on the arm. My arm started hurting and feeling numb and it started bleeding from the metal on the bucket too. Great another day, another "accident".

Zeref Dragneel's POV

My eyes widen in shock. Oh crap! Her arm! It's injured. Is it because of me? I didn't pull her away far enough? This is bad. I don't really care about people usually but I hate seeing people injured and it's my fault. I kept staring at her bruised and bleeding arm. Sensei* came in and saw the incident. Lucy tried to defend herself but she got detention.
"Zeref, take Mavis to the nurse to tend her wound. I'll clean up the mess and I'll tell you guys your projects later." Sensei* said in a stern tone.
"Hai*." Mavis and I went to the nurse and I patiently waited outside the office.

Mavis Vermillion's POV

I opened the door to the nurse's office and she saw my arm and immediately tended it.
"Itai*!!" I shouted.
"Mavis, if you want to recover from this wound, I have to rub alcohol on it so it doesn't get infected."
"H-hai*." She finished tending my wound. "There, try not to move your arm too much. Now you can go, your boyfriend is waiting for you!" The nurse teased. I didn't realize I had a small tint of pink on my cheeks and I said in denial,"H-hes not my boyfriend! He's just my friend! Don't get the wrong idea." I was fidgeting but the nurse sarcastically said, " SUREE......"

Zeref's Pov

My heart was beating really fast. I felt nervous about how her arm is doing. This is weird because I don't usually care for people but Mavis. I guess you could call her special. I heard the door open and close next to me.
"Are you okay? Is your arm injured badly?" I asked. She made a piece sign with her hand and lifted it up at me and smiled. I sighed in relief.
"Let's go back to class. I want to hear about the assignment."
"Woah Zeref, do you like learning? Are you that person who cares about their grades a lot?"
"Urusai*! My grades are decent! That's all you need to know!"

I'm actually really glad she's not injured badly. This is so weird. I'm actually having fun talking to her.

Japanese Learning 101

1. Gomennasai (ごめん浅い) = I'm sorry
2. Sensei (先生) = Teacher
3. Hai (はい) = Yes
4. Itai (痛い)= Ouch/Painful