Chapter 23: The Novel with no End

Comincia dall'inizio

'I can assure you, you can both fall in love with one another. As it is in both of your best interests to locate the owner of the Heart of the Truest Believer, you will both try. And if you both genuinely love each other, it has to work. You will find the owner.'

'How can you be sure we will learn to love each other?'

'I know you can.' The Shadow replied and if I didn't know any better, I would say he showed an emotion, but that would be foolish because a shadow can't feel anything. 'You gave up so much to be with him and he gave so much to be with you. You can make it work out, even if things are a little different and tense.'

'But what about finding the owner of the Heart of the Truest believer? How can you be so sure that I will be able to do it, I don't even know how?' I questioned faintly, my shoulders drooping a little. 'So much is at stake.'

'Of course it will work. I figured it out.' The Shadow said defiantly. 'Besides, I know how you can figure it out, but you have to love Pan enough to want to save him for it to work properly.'

'What if it doesn't work?' I demanded.

'Ah.' The Shadow said, with a glint of amusement in his eye. 'But what, Tiger Lily, if it does? You will be able to liberate Neverland from his wrath. I assure you, with your assistance, the family of the owner of the Heart of the Truest Believer will successfully free them and free Neverland.'

~

Pan strolled into his tree house, shrugging off his cross belt, complete with his dagger that lay a burden to his shoulders. He dropped it by his arm chair lazily. Undoing the first few buttons of his shirt, Peter's eyes travelled across the room until they landed on me, lazily slumped on a chair by the corner of the room, enjoying my favourite novel, which was also the same novel I had always read since entering Neverland and, at that time, was so engrossed in it that I didn't even acknowledge Peter's arrival.

A small, weak smile crept onto my lips and I struggled to contain my laughter as I felt his gaze on me. I felt Pan gently tiptoe across to where I sat, smirking as hedid so with the thought of all the ways he could annoy me, must of which had already been tried and tested. Casually looming over me, Pan quickly grasped the book from my hands as I emitted a shocked, "oh!" In surprise, before quickly turning to glare at him.

'Pan.' I scolded in annoyance, a red tinge now creeping onto my cheeks. Then, placing my hands on my hips, I snarled, 'Give me my book back.'

Peter stood tall at his height, easily towering above my small frame and dangled the book just above my grasp like a cat with a mouse on a string. A smirk crept onto his lips as he watched my face turn into a snarl of vexation. Even though he had collected the book for me, I was enjoying it and mildly annoyed that he prevented my further enjoyment. 'If you want it, Miss Tiger Lily,' Pan goaded, 'Come and get it.'

I scrambled ungracefully to my feet and Pan had to bite back a laugh that was about to erupt. I was like a Lily sometimes, like such a precious, delicate flower, as fragile as a rose, but I can be as ungraceful as an elephant storming through the African savannah. I was smart, or at least I was smarter than most people are, and huffed as I reevaluated her crisis.

'Peter...' I groaned, the name rolling off of my tongue, watching his eyes twinkled and shone in the light if the fire the Lost Boys were dancing with and Pan solidly stared at me back, indulging in challenging me.