Chapter Thirteen

When I awoke the next morning, my body hummed at the feel of Ava's naked figure on top of me. Her shapely legs were thrown over my thighs and her head was lying on my chest as she traced every ridge in my stomach with her delicate fingers. I kept my eyes closed and relished in her touch.

A few seconds later, the tracing stopped and Ava's head moved to where her chin was now propped on top of my chest. I didn't move or open my eyes still. I could feel her gaze on me and I felt her hot breath fanning my neck as she inhaled and exhaled softly.

"See something you like, baby?" I spoke, with my eyes closed. Ava jolted in surprise and I quickly banded my arms around her waist, holding her tight to prevent her from moving off me.

"How long have you been awake?" She questioned as I finally squinted my eyes open and was rewarded with a breath-taking view. Brushing Ava's fringe off of her forehead, I smiled and traced my hand down her cheek.

"Not long, about a minute. You?"

"A few minutes longer than you," She whispered, slipping her hand under her chin for support. "I was just admiring the rippling gorgeousness underneath me." Ava's sweet lips pulled up into a soft smile.

"You're so beautiful in the morning."

"And you seem to turn blind in the morning." She countered.

"I think that's you."

Ava went to argue again but I shut her up by threading my fingers into her loose hair and pulling her into me to smash my lips against hers. I licked against the suppleness of them, trying to coax her to part them but Ava kept her lips sealed. My girl had a thing about morning kisses—as in, she hated the idea.

"Open your mouth." I mumbled against her. She lifted her head so we were no longer glued to each other's faces and moved it to the side till her cute little ear was in my line of vision.

"Morning breath," She tried to explain.

"You telling me my breath stink?" I asked, pretending to sound offended.

"No...well, maybe a little." My hand came down on her perky butt with a smack that had little effort behind it. Ava turned her head back with a giggle but kept it at distance from me. "It's not yours I'm worried about though."

"Baby, I couldn't care less about your morning breath. Kiss me."

"No."

I frowned. "Kiss me."

My pleading prompted Ava to squirm in an attempt to get off me. I held her tighter.

"Lincoln, let me up."

"No can do—not until I get a kiss."

"But you did." She smarted.

"That was hardly a kiss. I want a proper one—a lip locking, tongue thrusting kiss."

"Ew!" Ava scrunched her nose up. "Tongue thrusting? Really? Could you make it sound any less romantic?"

"Just kiss me."

"No." Fucking hell. I growled when Ava squirmed in my arms again but had no such luck of pulling out of my hold. She let out a frustrated sigh and blew the hair that managed to fall in front of her face, out of the way.

I smirked and she scowled and then I flipped us over so that I was now on top.

"You're a stubborn fucking woman, you know that?" The hammer was rock hard. When is he not in front of this beauty's presence? And since we were both naked, I could feel Ava's heat against my thigh of the leg that I had settled in between her pair.