If truth be told, I was just tired of him.

I quickly finished up my coffee to hand to Amanda when I stood next to her, the two of us looking out the kitchen window, my palms flat on the counter when she placed her hand over mine. I looked at her when she looked back at me, holding her gaze before she gave me a soft kiss on my lips, my eyes staying closed a little longer, only to open them up and look down at her dark-rose lips, closing the small distance between us when I crushed my lips onto hers.

She ran her hands up my chest as I stood in front of her to use my body to gently push her backwards, causing her back to bump into the counter, our bodies pressed together when the kiss deepened, only for it to end too quickly.

She let out a small sigh and rested her forehead against mine, her arms wrapping around my waist as she hugged into my chest with my arms around her, my chin resting on her head with the comforting smell of her apple shampoo made me smile.

We stayed in the hug for a few minutes while I looked into the distance to see the sunrise over the hilltop, the clouds looking like candy floss on the pale red and orange horizon.

"We need to get going in a minute," I murmured as my arms tightened around her body, squeezing her slowly as she let out a laugh and tried to push herself free when I released her.

I waited for her to gather up all of the things needed for the day while mine lived inside my car.

I could not wait for this year of school to end and for me to finish. I just wanted the stress of choosing a university to be over with, playing this waiting game is starting to make me feel sick with anxiety. Amanda still has not spoken much about where she is going but then again, she hasn't said much of anything if I bring the topic up in conversation, she would shut it back down.

Once we left the house, we decided to get another coffee since I lived and needed the caffeine after being woken up at the crack of dawn, DeCeno not understanding what a simple lie in means.

The ride to school was slow after going to the coffee house, with a line almost out the door with people waiting for their liquid slap in the face in the hope it will brighten up their morning.

During the drive to school, for the first time in weeks, Amanda threw in small talk instead of being silent, until the moment we pulled into the school, the two of us fell quiet. A sigh slipped free from my lips when I pulled into free space to notice that only a few cars were dotted around the car park, the time still being so early as I hoped this caffeine would kick me in the ass quickly.

When we climbed out of my car, I noticed Amanda had grown quieter and kept her head down as I watched her walk away slowly with my following behind. I found myself chalking it up to being at school or being tired, even though I undoubtedly knew the reason.

Stepping foot into the building had me wanting to turn around and go back, my gaze catching Chrissy and Tiffany standing up against the lockers as they gave a small wave towards DeCeno.

"I will see you later," I muttered into her ear when Chrissy called out her name, an external groan flashing through my body while I tried to bury the feeling.

"Oh. I guess I will see you later then." Seeming caught off guard when I said goodbye to her, giving her a kiss on her temple, my eyes glaring in Chrissy's direction when I walked past the gruesome twosome.

I heard Chrissy say something to Tiffany that I did not quite hear with her actions speaking faster than my ears could hear, Tiffany smacked my coffee cup from my hands, the hot drink going down my shirt as I looked at the mess on the floor. I could hear them laughing amongst themselves, my hands balling into a fist when I felt Amanda push me back when I went to take a step towards them. I started to feel the hot liquid scald my skin the more it soaked into my clothes when I felt someone pull me towards the restroom, my eyes not looking from DeCeno when all she did was stand. Nothing would leave her mouth as she was pulled away, her eyes not breaking from mine until someone pulled me into the girl's restroom.