1D back in town

'According to this magazine I'm bad at keeping secrets.' Eliza, my best friend, said. 'Is that true?' She looked up from her magazine and stared at me, waiting for an answer.  

'I don't know. You did tell Miss Nancy that it was Jake who killed our goldfish in primary school.' I said looking out of the classroom window. 

'Hey I was being honest and there's nothing wrong with that!' She protested. I shrugged my shoulders not really caring what she was saying. She continued reading her magazine but we were actually supposed work in pairs and make a project about WW II. Both of us didn't really feel like doing anything so we decided we were going to make the project at home. Instead Eliza was reading her magazine and I just sat beside her. All of a sudden I saw Eliza's eyes widen. She quickly looked at me and when she saw I was watching her, she pretended nothing happened and she carried on with reading. 

'What's wrong?' I asked curious. 

'Nothing. Nothing's wrong.' She said with an innocent smile. It was only now that I noticed what magazine she was reading: Starstruck. The magazine contains all the latest gossips and news about every celebrity that mattered. That's when it hit me. 

'Let me guess. Another article about One Direction?' It was more a statement than a question. Eliza nodded. 

'It says here that they're coming home for the christmas holidays and they want to spend a lot of time with their family... And friends.' She hesitated when she said 'friends' because she knew that I used to be one of those friends for Harry Styles. Well, not a friend. His best friend. As in inseperable. Doing EVERYTHING together. Knowing EVERYTHING about eachother. But things changed when One Direction happened. First, we still called everyday, then we called less and less and suddenly we didn't speak at all. I was always the one who had to call him but after a while he didn't answer his phone anymore and he never called me back. Just like that, it was like our friendship had never existed and the closest I came to seeing him was on TV. Just like the rest of the world. 

Eliza was still looking at me conscerned and I realised I had to say something to put her at ease. 

'It's fine.' I smiled. 'You know I'm over it.' 

'Are you sure?' 

'Yeah.' I knew she didn't believe me, but she didn't question me further. I looked at the table beside me where Harry used to sit. It made me sad that it was empty, but I was used to it. The schoolbell announced that not only the week was over but it was also the beginning of the Christmas break. I said my goodbyes and got in my car that I got 2 years ago for my sweet 16. The ride was kind of lonely so I turned on the radio. The song that was playing made my heart skip a beat. It were the last words of the song 'One Thing'. 

'That was one thing by the amazing boyband One Direction! They're back in London for the holidays and we have the privilege to have them in our studio right now! Hello guys, how are you?' The interviewer announced excited and even though I couldn't see him, I had a feeling he was jumping up and down in his chair. 

'Good, thanks.' They all said. 

I gasped by hearing Harry's voice. 

'So what are you up to now that you're back home?' The interviewer asked. 

'Err we don't know actually.' I heard Harry's husky voice and I felt my body get weak by the sound of it. 'Probably just hanging out with our family and friends.' 

'Do you still have a good band with your old friends?' 

'With some more than others.' Harry admitted. 'But I hope that we can make that band stronger now that I'm here.' A part of me wished that he was talking about me, but the other part didn't want to have anything to do with him.