Part 2 - Chapter One

Start from the beginning

'I would like you to take care of him Jackie. You know he is Philip Tyrell's son.'

'Yes yes' Jackie replied with annoyance. 'I actually have a lot of work and I had blocked myself out of the diary this morning so I could catch up.' Jackie was hoping, but knew this wouldn't persuade Luke to ask someone else. Jackie is an extremely hard worker and all her clients loved dealing with her and Luke considered Jackie his 2IC.

Luke was young for a branch manager at only 29. He had climbed his way up the corporate ladder quickly after starting out as a teller when he left school. He had seen the potential in Jackie during her interview. Her determination and positivity reminded him a lot of himself. He had taken Jackie under his wing since employing her in his branch, and became her mentor. "Winning friends and influencing people is what it's all about in the finance world Jackie. Getting to know the right people both within the bank and outside the bank, can take you anywhere you want to go." Luke had spoken to her recently about her future plans within the industry and she had told him that she wanted his job. He knew that she was saying this with tongue in cheek, but also knew that she would be ready to step up into his role if he ever left. All the staff loved her too.

'If you do this for me now, I will help in any way I can, when I get back from the managers meeting. Dom is a Tyrell and I know that you are the best person to take care of him.' Luke also knew that Jackie wouldn't be swayed by Dominick's good looks and wouldn't go all gushy on him. She is a straight up girl that knows what she wants out of life. That kind of attitude is what also helps her steer her clients in the right direction.

'Thanks for the vote of confidence. Just let me clear my desk and I'll be out shortly.' Jackie sighed knowing there would be no use in trying to argue the point any longer.

After putting the pile of work that Jackie had scattered over her desk trying to sort it into some kind of order, back into the cupboard she walked out of her office. Luke was busy making Dominick a coffee at the automatic coffee maker that is set up for waiting customers. He was making small talk with Dominick and doing what Luke did best. "Courting ritual" she thought to herself. 'Just the same way a nobleman would court the king, back in medieval times.' She giggled a little as she approached. Maybe Luke was quite taken with Dominick too? Yeah okay so he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I guess you could call him a bank manager's dream. Jackie still couldn't see why he should get preferential treatment over her other clients though.

As Jackie approached, Dominick turned and looked her straight in the eyes. His eyes were as blue as the Mediterranean Sea, and seemed to sparkle like the moonlight on the still water of the lake. All of a sudden Jackie could feel her knees start to give way a little and her hands felt clammy. Normally she would then see men like him glance down over her slender body and then back up to her ample breast before resting again on her face. But Dominick was different. There was no checking her out. Jackie felt a slight pang of dissatisfaction mingled with curiousity. He stretched out his right hand towards Jackie ready to greet her. Quickly brushing her palms against her navy pencil skirt that was standard uniform issue, she told herself sternly to harden up as she lifted her hand to meet his.

'Hi, I'm Jackie Prescott,' Jackie blurted out a little more urgently than she liked. Their hands met in a firm but not overly aggressive handshake. His hands were warm and soft like a new born baby's bottom. But then Jackie expected this from someone that has never had to work a day in his life.

'Hi, I'm Dominick Tyrell.' His smile seemed to beam from his whole face. Perfect white teeth, behind full soft lips, that just begged to be nibbled. Jackie was expecting his nose to be something sculpted from a Michelangelo statue, but it did have a slight kink in the bridge making it slightly crooked. "So he's not so perfect after all,' Jackie thought to herself.