Chapter Seven: A Friend Among Enemies: Part 1

I'm back with a brand new chapter. Cree is alive!!!!! But being held captive by a mysterious doctor, but an unlikely ally is on the lookout.

Note: The song in this post is Outside by Staind

Cree woke up sometime later not knowing or caring where she was. She couldn't move or barely see her surroundings. All she knew was her whole body ached. At first she thought she was dead, but if that were true she would have been in so much pain. The room was cold so she was freezing and looked down and saw that she was wearing a hospital gown.

Where the hell am I? she thought. She could only move her head and the room was dark so she couldn't see very well. She tried using her powers but they still weren't working, so all she could do was lay there a shiver. She tried to struggle but even that was useless. It was as if she were paralyzed.

After a while she heard footsteps and then someone entered the room. She tried to pretend to be asleep but she also wanted to see who it was, so she had her eyes slightly opened. From what she could see it was a woman in a white uniform.

"Stop pretending, I know you're awake," the woman called out.

Cree just lay there wondering if she was somehow rescued and taken to the hospital. "Where am I Cree?" Cree managed to say but the woman ignored her and started to check her vitals. It seemed as though she was not going to get an answer out of her.

The nurse installed her restraints and began her work. It took a good thirty minutes but the woman seemed cold to her, as if tending to Cree was a bother. When she was finished she strapped her in once again. Cree wanted to fight her but she didn't have the strength.

"The doctor will be in shortly," she said and walked quickly out of the room. Cree was worried about why she was strapped in to where she couldn't move, but she grew tired again and wanted to sleep.

She closed her ears and made a silent prayer never to wake up again.

Just as Cree drifted off the door to her hospital room slowly inched open. Someone wearing a hospital robe came in. They had a sheet over their head and only a hint of a pinkish red color sparked out contrasting with the white of the sheet. She approached Cree's bed where she lay unconscious. Her hand came out of the robe and touched Cree's.

She looked at the monitors to see she was stable, but she heard noises coming from down the hall, one frightened her more than any others. Almost instantly her image faded ghost-like before disappearing completely.

"What you mean she escaped again?" came a man's voice from outside the door.

"I'm sorry, Doctor, but for some reason she's immune to the drugs," a female nurse said.

"Then contain her," he said in an angry voice. "I want that little freak locked up."

"The only way to do that is to sedate her, but right now what about the patient at hand. You've kept her in a coma for more than a year."

"There was no way around that," he said and approached Cree's hospital bed. "The drugs had a allergic reaction to her system, and her internal organs would have surely shut down if I had not induced the coma to insure minimal activity. She may be reacting to the nullifying drugs that buffoon Clyde Holt gave her."

"That man is dead and as I remember you were upset about."

"Only the fact that I had not The pleasure if killing him myself."

"And what of his killer?" the nurse asked.

"Disappeared along with her lover, both Sadians and still on my radar. Crafty those two but somehow they are able to hide from me which can only mean they must be tier three or higher."

"And what of the patient?" the nurse asked, looking to the unconscious girl lying in the hospital bed.

"Tier two, but she will grow with the help of the drugs. A few more treatments and she will be a tier three and then her training can begin... Under my tutelage and my control."

He pulled out a needle from the medicine trolley the nurse had brought in and measured out a dosage of something in a clear liquid bottle. The nurse looked on in horror at seeing the syringe.

"Doctor, that is almost twice what you had been giving her," the nurse said trying to take the syringe for the doctor but he was too quick. He gave her a look like she better not try that again. "It might kill her."

"I will take that chance," he said and held up the syringe. "Now, prepare her."

At that moment Cree's eyes fluttered open, while the nurse applied some alcohol to her arm. She was shaking her head knowing what was about to happened.

"Just relax," the nurse said but Cree only responded with a soft cry. She felt the prick of the needle as the doctor injected the syringe into her arm. 

There was an odd sensation that made her heart beat faster and her pause race. She screamed out in pain and terror until she lost consciousness. Her body lay limp on the bed.

"She's still alive, but her heart rate is strong and so is her pulse," the nurse said dumbfounded. "How can this be? The others this treatment was administered to are all dead, and with only half the dose you gave her."

"Then I chose well," he said with a smile. "She will be my ultimate weapon. Now, find the stealth. I want her contained within the hour."

"Yes, sir," the nurse said and left the room.

"Sleep well, my dear," the Doctor said before leaving the room.

Their invisible eavesdropper reappeared and raced towards Cree's bed. "Wake up," she whispered. "Please, you can't let them give you anymore medicine."

Cree groggily stirred after a few minutes. She felt like her body was on fire. Still she was strapped down, all but her right arm that was pulsating in pain. Her mysterious visitor undid the rest of her straps freeing her from her prison.

Although she was weak She managed to move into a half-sitting position. She tried to focus her eyes but all she could see was a blur.

"Take it easy, her visitor said. "The injection made you weak, but your strength will return as well as your powers. Here, drink this and they will come back."

She gave Cree a bottle and helped her to drink it down. She started to feel better but she was still weak. Her lightheadedness caused her to fall back down on the bed.

"Who are you?" Cree asked, realizing that she couldn't see the girl's face.

"Someone who wants to be your friend," she said. "Just rest now." Her visiter stepped away, but Cree grabbed her hand. She noticed that it didn't look like a normal human hand. In fact she thought She saw that it was blue. That couldn't be true. No one on Earth had blue skin... unless."

"I want to see your face," she said but her visitor hesitated. "Please."

"If I do, promise you won't freak out." Cree nodded and her visitor took off the sheet that was covering her face and Cree gasped.

"Is that...?" she couldn't finish the question.

"Yes, it's what I really look like."

"No, that can't be," Cree said growing hysterical. The girl backed up not sure what she would do. "This is just a dream, and this is not real."

"Yes, it is, Cree," She said grabbed her arms, but Cree broke away while screaming. The blue girl heard footsteps coming from down the hall. Cree had slipped off the bed and crawled into a corner covering her ears and closing her eyes tight. She was crying and screaming, so she faded out until disappearing again.

A nurse and two orderlies walked in to see what the commotion was all about.

I know. I left you with a cliffhanger, but it continues in the next part when the mysterious stranger is still being hunted and Cree powers come back. Will it be enough to cement her escape? Find out next time.