Chapter 4

Dude looks like a lady!

I opened my my eyes and lazily rolled on my side, slamming my alarm clock.

Aerosmith continued to play in the stiff morning air, and I sat up in my bed. I yawned and took a look at the clock.

6:30

I sighed in relief knowing I wasn't gonna be late today.

I pulled myself off the bed and began making my way towards my closet.

--------------------------------------

"AJ!"

I blinked in surprise and turned around. Behind me I saw Gwen pushing her way through the crowded hallway to me.

She and I had been getting quite close, our first study session had been really good, fun even. I planned to keep her around for a bit.

"Hey Gwen what's up?" I asked, then opened up my locker.

"Oh I wanted to come over my house on Saturday. You know for a sleepover?"

"A sleepover? I haven't been to one of those in like years."

"Really?" Gwen asked in surprise.

I nodded and laughed pulling out my lunch. "Yeah. Before I moved to New York I was friends with a bunch of nerdy guys. But they were great, miss those nerds."

Gwen then looked over my shoulder down the hall. Her eyes grew big and she but her lip trying to suppress a giggle.

"Okay, don't look now, but you've got a secret admirer down the hall at 10 o'clock."

I looked at her, then "accidentally" knocked my pencil case out of my locker. As I bent down to pick it up I looked over to where Gwen mentioned.

It was skater guy. He stood at his locker, and seemed to be taking way to long to get out his lunch.

I stood up and turned back to Gwen. "What's that kids name?"

"Peter, Peter Parker. He's in my grade."

So that's his name. Peter.

"Are you sure he's not looking at you?"

Gwen nodded smirking. "Oh I know trust me." She then linked arms with me and we became walking outside to the eating area.

As we began walking past Peter, Gwen suddenly stuck her foot out right in my path.

Before I knew what was happening, I began tumbling to the ground. I closed my eyes expecting to slam on the ground when a pair of arms caught me.

"Woah, careful there."

Above me, and...well holding up from the floor was none other then Peter Parker.

A hot blush began to creep up on my cheeks as he set me on my feet.

"Hi," the brunette smiled. "I'm Peter. You're AJ right?"

My heart throbbed in my chest from our closeness, but I managed to get out a "yes". I looked around the hallway to glare at Gwen, but only to see she had disappeared.

"Uh, if you wanna, I mean of course you don't have to, but you wanna eat lunch with me?" Peter picked up his board, and smiled at me.

I smiled at is friendliness. "S-sure thing."

"Well follow me right out this way." Peter nodded in the opposite direction and I began walking next to him out of the school.