-ten-

I don't know what woke me up and I would put all my money on the reason being the fact that I was in what was comfortably the most uncomfortable chair that was ever made. My hands immediately went to my face as I tried to wake myself up.

I looked up and blinked a few times to soothe the stinging in my eyes.

When my eyes adjusted I caught a sight of Emily on the bed. It broke my heart every morning when I woke up and saw her like that. She looked so unlike the Emily I knew and fell in love with.

The Emily I loved didn't just pass out and not wake up for almost two weeks.

The Emily I knew didn't just suddenly go in a coma for no apparent reason.

The Emily I knew was stronger than that. She wasn't given an expiration date.

Exactly eleven days ago the doctor had explain her situation to me and to be quite honest; it all just flew right over my head. All I remember from the conversation was that they were giving her ten days before they were going to ask me to make a decision to pull the plug.

Ten days.

I tired smile made its way to my face despite the situation as I recalled the last few days I had spent with her.

I knew she hated flowers so, like every single loving boyfriend would, I got her a flower everyday just so she could be pissed at me when she woke up. She also loved that weird hippie coffeehouse and she practically spent hours upon hours there so even though she didn't use it; I got her a cup of coffee and muffin every day.

I was trying desperately to do tiny little things that might just wake her up. I really didn't know what I would do if she didn't and if the eleventh day came and she didn't open her eyes, I might as well close mine.

On the first day I just came by and I spent almost two hours telling her about the flower I had gotten her and laughing at myself because I knew how much she hated them. I was really trying my best to keep this as real as they would be if nothing had happened.

As tragic as it was I had the best few days of my life and I did some of the weirdest thing I ever did in my life. A pang of guilt hit my heart when I remembered the day I couldn't come. That was the worst day of my life because my mind kept screaming that she wasn't going to make it and I'd have to live with the guilt of not being able to tell her goodbye.

I think it was that day I decided to face reality.

Don't get me wrong; I wasn't giving up hope or anything. I was merely accepting the fact that this was maybe going to be it and I decided that I should probably try to have the best few days ever and that was exactly what I did.

Against the advice of all the doctors and nurses here I spent the entire night in her room watching all her favourite movies; just like we would have done on any night we felt like being lazy. It didn't really work out because I ended up passing out at two in the morning and I had to drink my weight in coffee just to stay awake.

Then because I was so lazy, the next day I called in sick and just watched the sports channel on crappy TV in her hospital room. It sucked because the game I was watching got washed out but nonetheless it was a good day.

Then there was yesterday.

To be honest I had run out of things to do with her so I just put my iPod on shuffle and relaxed. I almost lost my shit when the song from The Little Mermaid came on and I knew she had probably sneaked it on there.

I glanced down at my watch the up at the door. Any minute now the door was going to burst open and someone was going to tell me that I had to say goodbye.

I scooted close to her bed and just took her hand. If this was really going to be it then I didn't want to be crying or begging her to come back. Fact of the matter was; if she wanted to, she would've already.

I just took her hand and dropped my head onto the bed next to it and waited.

And I said nothing...

I just kept waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting...

And-"Luke."

....

So... this has come to an end and even though it hardly got reads or votes I wanna thank all you ghost reads and all who actually voted. It mean a lot.

This was a completely random idea and it only took a few days to write but tbh I think I'm coming to the end of my fan-fiction writing career. Like, idk what happened... when I'm writing/reading it, even though it's fanfiction I don't picture the boys, even though that's the point. 

I feel I'm just gonna finish up what I have and see what happens from there.

Also.. I have another Luke story going on on my page if you can check it out. Luke plays an author and in my opinion; it's quite funny. 

Then you can hop over to fivesauceoption's profile and check her stuff out because she's the bomb dot com