-four-

"Ready to run?" Luke asked before he fell into a fit of laughter. He was holding a small container in his hand and I smiled when I realized he really came prepared to not sit in a booth. He had a white flower that honestly if you asked me looked like a butterfly but nothing beat the fire one from two days ago.

"Is that phrase some kind of inside joke?" I asked when he continued chuckling. I grabbed the bag from the table and slid out the booth. Up close he was taller than I expected and I liked the fact that his scent wasn't all bad.

"It's a One Direction song." He said turning to look at me like I had grown two heads.

"Right." I nodded and he stared at me for a while.

"You don't have prosthetics." He said point down at my legs.

"How would you know?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "I'm in jeans."

He rolled his eyes and kicked my shin, causing me to yelp out in pain. "Yeah, you don't have prosthetics." He mumbled as he jerked his head towards the door and walked out.

"Where are we going?" I asked when we got outside. Luke walked over to a car and opened the passenger door for me.

"I told you it was a surprise." He said as he held the door open and motioned for me to get in but I wasn't having any of it.

"I'm not getting in the car if I don't know where I'm going." I said stubbornly as I crossed my arms over my chest. One of the cups in the bag hit my hip bone and it hurt like a bitch but I bit my tongue and swallowed the pain.

"Fine." Luke said slamming the car door. "We're gonna walk." He mumbled as he took my hand sand started to pull me down the street.

"Seriously, Luke." I said after we were walking for forever. "Where are we going?"

"We're almost there." He mumbled as we turned down a street. I looked around trying to figure out where we were. It was like we stepped away from the city and into the countryside because we were now walking on a girth road.

"Oh god you're going to rape and kill me." I whined and Luke started laughing. I turned and frowned at him. The neckline of his shirt was a bit damp and the hairs on the back of his neck were sticking to his neck.

"I only rape girls that wear prosthetics." He said as he pushed open a fence and walked in.

"Is it okay for us to be here?" I asked looking around. This place was literally a ghost town and I was expecting an axe murderer or a police to pop out of the shadows and chase us any minute now.

"It's fine. They know we're here." Luke said as we maneuvered through some plants and went to what I assumed was the back of whatever the hell we just walked into.

"Who's they?"

"The people." Luke said as he took the bag from my hand and put it into a basket along with the flower he brought. He picked up another basket and handed it to me.

"Who's the people?" I asked again and I could see he was getting frustrated with me.

"The owners." Luke said as he tugged on my hand again. "Here." He mumbled half-heartedly as he spread his hands. I looked around a bit before it all hit me.

"We're going strawberry picking?"

"Yes." Luke said as he started making his way through the field, stopping occasionally to pick a few strawberries.

"Why?"

"Because it's different."

---

do people even read this or?