-three-

"I have a proposition for you." Luke said as he slid into the seat across from me and dropped the bright yellow flower into the half empty bottle of water in the middle of the table.

I didn't miss the smirk on his face when he saw the bottle nor did I miss the way that smirk turned into a smile when he spotted the few English muffins on the table.

"English muffins?" He asked as he pointed at them. He leaned forward and pulled out his phone and wallet, resting them on the table.

"English muffins." I confirmed, glancing at the flower again. It wasn't as cool looking as the one from the day before but it was still pretty enough.

"Why not the blueberry one?" He asked as he took a bite of the muffin and I cringed as some crumbs flew out his mouth when he spoke.

"Do you have to talk with food in your mouth?" I asked pushing a napkin in his face.

"I'm not talking with food in my mouth." He said pausing to swallow. "I was talking with muffin in my mouth."

"What was your proposition?" I asked deciding to ignore his comment. I wasn't in the mood for his smart mouth today. I had a particularly hard day and my best friend was ninety nine percent responsible for that but that's a story for another day.

"You didn't answer my question." He said as he started on another muffin. He was chugging them down like it was nothing and I was curious to find out where he was storing all those carbs.

"What question?"

"The muffin." He said as he took a sip of his drink. He scrunched up his nose. "What is this?" He asked as he took another sip, contorting his face again.

"Italian soda. It's like made with all these sweet syrups mixed with sparkling water." I said with a smile as I took a sip of mine. Besides the coffee, I loved this drink. I loved everything this place made.

"It's gross." He said as he took another sip and cringed. I shook my head because even though it tasted bad to him he was still drinking it.

"What were you making about the muffin?"

"Why didn't you get the blueberry one? I liked that one." He said and I shrugged.

"Your flower thing got me thinking... I don't know; if you're going to put that much effort into something like a flower why not do it with the muffin? We'll try a different one every day."

"But I like the blueberry muffins."

"And I liked the fire lily."

"Flame lily."

"Yeah, that." I said as I reached for a muffin. "You were telling me about your proposition..." I tried again and his eyes lit up.

"Oh yes, I almost forgot about that but first there's something else."

"What?"

"I was about to fall asleep last night when I remembered you didn't tell me your name."

"Okay..."

"Yeah and like, I need something to call you." He said as he took a sip of the drink again. The expression on his face got worse and I bit my lip to hold back my laughter. "I can't call you 'that girl' or something like that. It's just really weird."

"Yeah, I see where you're heading with this. I get your point." I said with a nod as I bit into another muffin.

"Yeah..." He said and I pursed my lips and nodded slowly at him. "So, aren't you going to tell me your name?" He asked after I didn't say anything.

"Nope." I said, repeating my answer from the day before.

"Fine." He mumbled as he slid down in his seat a little. "You'll just have to make do with whatever I decide to call you then."

"Fair enough." I said with a shrug and he nodded.

"Okay, Elsa. The prpopositi-"

"Elsa? Really?" I interrupted him.

"Really." He said like it was the dumbest question I ever asked him.

"May I ask why?"

"Haven't you seen that ice movie? You know the one where the girl is really mean and turns everything to ice? Her name was Elsa and its fitting."

"She didn't turn it to ice on purpose it was an accident. She was sad."

"But she still turned everything into ice." Luke stated blankly and I rolled my eyes.

"She didn't mean to."

"We are not arguing about a movie starring a talking snowman." Luke said in a stern voice. "Do you want to hear my proposition or not?"

"I don't really want to hear it but I doubt I have a choice."

"Let's do something out of here tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Because it's different. Don't get me wrong; I really like this place but like I don't know how tall you are or if you have prosthetic legs or anything because I only see you from the middle of your stomach upwards. I don't know if that sentence made sense but you follow?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

"So you want to see me from below the middle of my stomach?"

"Yes." He answered and my jaw dropped. "Not in that way. Shit, get your mind out of the gutter. I mean; I would want to see that but just not now."

"So... where do you want to go?"

"It's a surprise."

"Then how should I dress."

"Like a person?"

"Luke." I said and he raised both his eyebrows at he before taking a deep breath and finishing his drink.

"You didn't ask about the flower today." He said as he shook the bottle a bit. "Don't you like this one?"

"It's nice."

"It is." He said with a smile as he kept his attention on the flower. "It's the Golden Eardrops."

"Well that's a weird ass name." I said with a laugh and he chuckled.

"Isn't that the point of this whole thing?" He asked looking up at me and I shrugged.

"I'm not the one who makes the rules."

---

>}.