Suddenly, the worst came to my mind. What if he forced her to do something she didn’t want to? “Did he force you or something?” I asked her, my anger clear in my voice.

“God no! I said I didn’t want to and he said he was sorry and that everything was alright.”

“Oh… ok.” I said relieved. “Sooo… you are upset with him because he tried to do… do ‘things’ with you?” I tried to guess.

“No! Will you shut up and let me finish?”

“There’s more?” If that wasn’t the complicated part, I didn’t think I wanted to know the rest.

“Things got a little weird between us he asked to talk to me. He told me he’s moving back to Ireland, and that he wanted to have sex with me before going, as a goodbye present.” At that moment she wasn’t blushing, she was lived red.

Man, this is embarrassing. Now I know why she didn’t want to talk to me about this. Well, I promised she could count on me and there was no way I was letting her down.

After the first shock, I started to wander what kind of bastard that boy was. I know I can be a jerk sometimes and yes, I slept with a lot of women, but I would never manipulate some girl to have sex with me. Only the worst kind would. I wanted to punch him so bad. How dare he do this to Vicky? She’s a wonderful girl and doesn’t deserve it.

She was staring at the floor. I calmed myself and asked “Are you in love with this guy?”

“No.” She seemed embarrassed and I was somehow relieved. She would get hurt if she loved him.

“Then what’s all the drama about?”

“Well…” she was lost in her own thoughts.

“Look, do you want it or not? It’s a yes or no question.”

“That’s the problem, I don’t know!” she answered nervous.

“There you go then.”

She looked at me confused. “What do you mean?”

“Don’t you think you would know if you wanted to sleep with someone?” For the first time during the whole conversation, she looked directly at me. “Vicky, you don’t have to do what that idiot wants. It’s all about you. Take your time, because that’s something that can’t be undone.” I said, secretly hopping that my words would make her understand that she makes the choices, not the other way around.

She still didn’t say anything, so I took one of her hands and continued, “Did you like it when he tried to touch you?” I asked in another attempt to show her that she shouldn’t sleep with the bastard. In fact, I think she should stay virgin until her honeymoon or maybe even after that.

“I don’t know,” Vicky whispered looking at the floor again.

“Vicky, if you asked him to stop that time, it was because you weren’t comfortable with it. Think what would be like to be intimate with him.” All my embarrassment was forgotten at that moment.

She stared at me for a few more moments but not really seeing me, than she finally spoke. “You’re right.”

I raised an eyebrow. I wasn’t sure if she meant it or if she was just trying to distract me from her real thoughts.

She must have seen my confusion because she kept going, “You’re totally right. He’s leaving in two days and then he’ll be complete out of my life. Who the hell does he think he is to ask me to sleep with him? He knows how I feel, and I’m definitely not ready. Like you said, I would know if I were.”