Chapter Nine: Continuing to Hurt

Start from the beginning

He picked his was through the town carefully, looking for an open window to slip through. There were none. He scowled. 'Maybe humans are smarter than I thought.' He was just about to give up when he spotted one. He smirked, immediately approaching and slipping through. The house was silent, void of any sound.

He crept upstairs, knowing that bedrooms tended to be on the second floor, and looked for his target. It took him a few minutes to locate a bedroom, but when he did his smirk faded into a sinister smile. He crept closer to the bed, readying to pounce on his unsuspecting victim. Once he was close enough, he dove. He pulled back almost immediately, realizing that the thing in the bed wasn't human. It was nothing more than a dummy; a lifeless doll. Light flooded through the window and he squinted at it. 'What the hell?'

"We know you're in there killer!" Came a loud voice, "Come to the window or we will fire!"

"Like hell I will," Jeff murmured. Bullets tore through the window, narrowly missing him as he dove aside. Sure, multiple bullet wounds wouldn't kill him but they'd still hurt like hell. He gripped his knife, gritting his teeth. "Damned humans are getting smarter."

"Jeff, you fucking idiot!" He looked up to see Jack peering around the doorframe. The voice, obviously, wasn't his. It's owner was revealed when Ben entered the room, looking more annoyed than Jeff had seen him in a long time. "What hell did you think you were-" he was cut off by a bullet ricocheting off the wall beside him. He ducked down as brick exploded into shrapnel behind him. "Fucking humans!"

"Just keep down and they'll stop shooting in a moment," Jeff said. Sure enough, the bullets came to a halt. Ben huffed, adjusting his hat.

"You've screwed yourself over this time Jeff," Ben said as Jack crawled over beside him, "you have so many cops outside that it may as well be a fucking swat team."

"Shut up," Jeff said, "why are you two here anyway."

"Your damned boyfriend sent us after you." Jeff flushed, eyes widening. Had Ben really just said that?

"Keep your mouth shut," he grumbled, moving to peek over the windowsill. Policemen swarmed the ground below, and multiple guns were aimed at the room. The front door slammed open, footsteps and loud voices echoing downstairs. Jeff would have had to be stupid to think he'd escape this time, and he certainly wasn't stupid. These people knew he wouldn't go down easily, and whether or not they knew about Ben and Jack's presence was unknown. As far as he could see, there was only one way out of this mess. "Ben," he said sharply, cutting off the blonde's rant.

"What?" He asked, red irises glowing angrily. Jeff eyed him for a moment before looking away.

"Go," he said, voice low.

"What?" Ben repeated, eyes widening.

"I said go!" He snapped, growling lowly.

"Like hell!" Ben shot back. The footsteps grew louder, closing in. Jeff grit his teeth.

"Ben," he said in warning, "There's not a likely chance me and Jack will get out of here. There's too many people for us to cut through. Not that we won't try but it doesn't look very hopeful."

"That's why I should stay!" Ben hissed, "I can help!"

"No!" Jeff snarled, "I know you could care less about my ass, but if you want Jack to get out of this mess you better run back and grab the others. We'll need the man power." Ben was silent for a moment and then lowered his head.

"Fine," he said reluctantly, "Just try and get out of this you idiots!" Within moments Ben faded away, off through the electrical system. Just as he disappeared the door burst open, police entering. The first pointed a gun at Jeff, shocked when Jack dove at him and slammed his scalpel into his neck.

"There's more than one!" Someone shouted. Bullets sprayed from the police towards Jack. The silent boy slipped into the shadows, unseen. Jeff grit his teeth and lunged, driving his knife through one cop and moving quickly to slash through another's neck. Someone shot him, the bullet shoving him back. He grinned wildly, throwing himself towards the pile of people. Several police scrambled back, not used to someone being shot and not going down. Jack reappeared, killing another person and slipping away.

'We can do this,' Jeff thought even as two more bullets hit his torso, 'They don't know how to deal with us.' He dispatched another man, blood spraying over him before something pierced his neck. He reeled back, confused as his movements became lethargic. 'What the hell?' He snatched the thing that had hurt him, realizing what it was. A tranquilizer dart.

He slid to one knee, fighting the blackness threatening to claim him. Jack tried to cover him, jolting as a dart hit him square in the chest. He stumbled, falling beside Jeff. His breathing grew ragged, the drug pumping through his veins.

"Well, well," Someone said, coming out from the group of policemen. He was likely in his thirties, and something about him made Jeff uncomfortable. "There really is someone who can take bullets like they're nothing. And it seems there's more than one of you." Jeff snarled, throwing his knife. Yet with the drug running through his system his aim was off, the knife embedding into the  floor instead. The man, annoyingly, came closer and knelt down. "Oh yes, I look forward to getting to know how you two work." Then, before anything else could be said, Jeff passed into unconsciousness.