Our Everlasting Melody (10)

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry," he suddenly apologized now, and it caught me off guard. This was not something I was expecting him to say to me.

"You're... sorry?"

He nodded, taking a step toward me. "The way I acted today was ridiculous. We fought for no reason. I really am sorry, Leah."

I felt like I was supposed to apologize as well, but my mouth was too dry for me to form any words.

"When I saw you in the car with Christian, I realized what I did was wrong," he continued now, taking another step toward me and taking my hand. "I don't want to see you with any other guy. It drives me crazy. Thinking that you could be with another guy drives me absolutely crazy."

I swallowed. "I could never love anyone else like I love you."

He smiled, looking relieved before leaning in and pressing his lips to mine. It felt like I hadn't kissed him in years, so I quickly melted into it. I almost completely forgot where we were right then.

I pulled away for only a few seconds to tell him that I was sorry as well. He only smiled once more before leaning in to kiss me again.

"Oh, Leah!" someone suddenly called out as the front door opened, and Blake and I immediately pushed away from each other. If it was my mother and she had seen us, we would have for sure been killed.

But instead of my mother, it was Morgan and Kyle. I remembered then that my mother had informed me that they would be visiting for a few days, but it had totally slipped from my mind until right then.

Morgan stared at Blake, her eyes wide. Kyle looked shocked. I didn't know why they looked the way they did, but then it suddenly dawned on me. Neither of them knew that Blake had woken up. I had completely forgotten to call to tell them that he had woken up.

"When did... How..." was all Morgan was able to say. She then dropped her suitcase and hugged Blake tightly. "You're awake! I can't believe it!"

I felt bad for not calling her when he had first woken up. She only lived a few hours away from me, and picking up a phone and calling her wouldn't have been that difficult. I guessed I just had a lot on my mind.

This reminded me of Mona. Even though Blake and I had apologized to each other, I still wasn't her biggest fan.

"So..." Morgan began, sounding suggestive. I did not like where this was going. "What are you two doing?" She wagged her eyebrows.

"We broke up," I blurted, since this was what everyone else thought.

Her jaw nearly hit the floor as she squawked, "What?"

I shrugged, trying to act as if it was no big deal at all. "We thought we would just be better as friends, that's all. Right, Blake?"

He nodded. "Right."

We all went silent; the only thing we could hear was the quiet humming of Blake's music. It made me wonder when he was going to be able to take them off again.

"But... but..." Morgan sputtered, and she looked between the two of us as if the world was ending. "You two are so... perfect for each other!"

I agreed with her, but unfortunately, no one else did. No one else could see that Blake completed me and made me feel better. For the four months he was gone, I was completely miserable and didn't want anything to do with anyone. And once he came back, they took him away from me again.

Blake quickly dismissed himself, and my mother returned home soon after that so Morgan couldn't ask me any questions about Blake. But I knew that they were going to come eventually, so I wasn't going to just forget about it.