Chapter 9

The log cabin was huge; which had more windows for the sun lights to pour in and lighten the house naturally in the mornings, and looked a very strongly built house. It had a garage which could hold five cars. Emily could hear the flow of water nearby which seemed like river. It was too dark to see the river. The woods around the log cabin were beautifully lit. She could make out even the movement of the leaves and Dylan could even see the movement of ants.

'Dylan, where exactly are we?' Emily asked looking at him with wide eyes. Dylan smiled lovingly 'My house, beautiful.' He replied and got out of the car. Dylan opened the passenger seat and took Emily's hand; Emily got out of the car and thanked him.

'I hope you are not disappointed that I did not take you to a restaurant, like normally a man should do?'

Emily always preferred dinner at home than at a restaurant.

'No, this is perfect. I already love it.' She smiled, her smile reached her eyes and Dylan felt like jumping in joy that his mate preferred a cozy home dinners than like other ladies.

Emily did not know how to react; no one had taken so much of their time to please her or to make her day a memorable one. But Dylan had done it, for her. She was now impatient to see inside the log cabin.

Dylan was happy to see the happiness and pleased expression on Emily's face, he mentally patted himself. Dylan had built the log cabin just few months before Emily came to the town. He came here only if he wanted to be alone. He knew once he marked Emily as his, he would shift to this house permanently. Now he wished it would happen very soon.

Dylan held her hand and they climbed few steps. Dylan opened the main door and escorted Emily inside. Emily had no words to express the beauty of the interiors. It was beautifully well furnished house. A living room at the right of the entrance, which had fire place and front of it, a huge couch, a love seat and an amazingly carved coffee table over plush carpet. She could sleep on the carpet. An open kitchen on the far left which was completely designed in a modern style, with an adjoined dining room. Nearly 15 people could dine at once.

'Your house is beautiful.'

'Thank you.' Dylan replied softly, he was having a very difficult time controlling his urges of making her his. His wolf was even worse, who wanted to mark her right here in the entrance of the house and throw her over his shoulder and mate with her like a mad man in his bedroom.

'Come on, let's not delay the dinner' Delay caught her wrist and practically pulled her towards the patio. Emily did not understand the mood changes in this man, one moment he was all smiling, next moment he was giving a possessive look and sometimes pulling her anywhere he wanted to take her.

The patio was so beautifully decorated. A well polished wooden table, draped over by a white cloth and two plates were set. A food service cart was beside the table and the aroma of the food was so rich, Emily's mouth watered.

Dylan pulled out a chair for Emily and Dylan sat down opposite to her. Dylan poured each of their glasses with red wine. Emily took a sip and bitter sweet taste of wine caressed her tongue, she closed her eyes savoring the taste of an amazing wine. Dylan looked at her and gulped, he cursed himself for planning this and torturing himself. Taking deep breaths he calmed down and served the food for both of them.

Emily looked at the perfectly cooked steak, and wondered who prepared it; she did not see even a single person in the house to help.

'Dylan, who prepared the food?' Emily asked in wonder.

'My maid cooked for us.' Dylan raised an eyebrow at her; he knew exactly what she was trying to do.

'The food looks delicious. Thought to thank her' she replied hastily. His pack members had left the house when his car parked front of the log cabin. He smiled and said 'how about later? Now take the bite Emily.' His voice was husky when he spoke the last sentence. It was like his wolf spoke but not him.