Four

Jack

"Call Johnson to come pick you up after. This might take a little longer." I told Casey as she exited my car. She nodded and shut the door as I watched her cross the street. As soon as she entered the hospital, I drove off.

I slid out my phone and dialled Shane's number as I put it on speaker and placed my phone on the passenger's seat.

"Jack Gilinsky, changed your mind?" I heard Shane chuckle.

"Yeah about that," I paused and took a deep breath. "I think I want to give it a try." I blurted out, knowing that one day, I'll regret this decision.

"That's great, man. We need someone like you in our gang. I'll text you an address and make sure you keep it private, okay?" Shane sounded as if he was threatening me, but I shrugged it off and mumbled an 'okay'.

But first, I need to finish things with my boss. I parked my car in front of the building and stepped out hesitantly. I just want to get this over with.

"Hi, um, I had an appointment with Mr. Connor?" I told the desk lady, who looked up from a pile of paper. "Name?" She spat in an annoyed way and I understand her to be honest. This must be the most frustrating work ever. "Jack Gilinsky." I answered quickly.

"Right, third floor, B309." She told me and focused back on the pile of paper. I walked towards the elevator and of course the most annoying woman in this building happened to take the same elevator - she must be stalking me. She has this weird obsession with me, it's creepy.

"Hey Jack," Kayla batted her eyelashes at me as I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes. "Hi Kayla," I pushed the third floor button as Kayla pushed the sixth floor button.

"How's Casey doing?" She asked in a jealous way. I smirked and told her she's doing better than ever. "Poor Jack, when will you realise you deserve someone better... Like me." Kayla flipped her hair, making me laugh a little.

"I don't think I'll ever realise that, Kayla." I said and left the elevator as soon as the doors opened. Now the real deal. I knocked on Mr. Connor's door and after a few seconds, I heard him yell "Come in,"

"Jack Gilinsky perfectly on time? What a miracle." Mr. Connor had an evil look on his face. I've never liked him, but only now I realise how evil he is.

"I think you know why you're here, right?" Mr. Connor continued speaking as soon as I sat down. I fake smiled and nodded, "Of course, I'm here to get promoted." I scoffed sarcastically, which made Mr. Connor laugh too... He has that 'white, rich man' laugh.

"Well Jack, you were so good that we had to fire you. Your colleagues couldn't handle you anymore!" Mr. Connor played along, with a big, fake smile spread across his face.

"This is ridiculous, can I go now?" I snapped, getting annoyed with each second passing by. "Of course-" Before Mr. Connor could even finish talking, I was already walking out the door.

Now onto Shane. I can't believe I'm really doing this, but hey, it's for the best.

I typed in the address Shane texted me, in my GPS and followed the directions. I was led into an abandoned neighbourhood, at first there were normal houses, but the closer we got to my destination, the creepier it looked. Empty, dark houses, shattered windows and cracked doors.

It was dead silent, every now and then a dog would be barking, but other than that, it was silent in a creepy way.

I noticed Shane's car in the distance, parked in front of a type of warehouse. I parked my car in front of Shane's and stepped out as I called him.

"Gilinsky, where you at?"

"I'm in front of a warehouse. I saw you parked your car here, so I'm hoping I'm at the right place." I spoke, looking around for my own safety, I feel like I could simply get attacked by large men holding guns.

"Yeah, you're at the right place. Wait a minute." Shane said and then hung up. All of a sudden the massive garage door started opening slowly, until it revealed Shane and four other guys standing behind him.

"There's our new gang member. Jack Gilinsky, this is your gang now." Shane introduced the four guys individually. There was Xavier, Liam, Luke and Bruce.

"What's up, I'm Jack." I shook each of their hands and waited for them to give me the information I need to be in a gang.

"Alright Jack, you have to listen carefully now. Whatever happens in this warehouse our between our gang, stays in between us. All of our business has to stay absolutely private - if it isn't kept private other gangs can easily sabotage us. Also, if there's a gang emergency, we expect you to be here asap. Doesn't matter what you're doing." Shane paused and let me take in the new information. This is going to be harder than I thought.

"Also never confront a gang on your own, always make sure you have us as back-up. And please don't be like the idiot we accepted in our gang last time; he went to confront a gang without preparing or even bringing a weapon... He got murdered. About that, we'll have to teach you how to use our weapons properly." Xavier finished for Shane. I nodded, the goosebumps on my arms showing. Getting murdered is the last thing I want to happen.

"One more thing; you have to be coldhearted and not sensitive for this job. You'll be murdering and torturing people during your life as a gang member." Luke spat harshly, his eyes were so lifeless. I wonder if they feel emotions.

"Got it. I'm ready." I lied - I just really need the money.

« there's so much happening right now, is jack going to survive this whole gang thing? ;) »