"El, you basically rejected him. Werewolves can't function when they have met their mates and can't be around them. You know that," I point out.

"What do you suggest I do, Eric? I'm not risking my heart," she states.

"As much as I hate it, you need to give him a chance. By keeping distance, you're hurting both of you," I tell her. "I'm going to leave and let you think about that for a while. If you need me, I'll be in my dorm. My classes are done for the day."

She watches as I exit the room without a word spoken. That'll get her thinking.

*Ella's POV*

I collapse on my bed and stare up at the ceiling, thinking about what Eric said. As much as I hate to admit it, he's right. I'm hurting both of us. The dull throbbing in my heart says it all. But I am not going to show Reed my weakness.

Now, the question is, how am I going to deal with this? How do I give him a chance without leaving myself wide open for heartbreak?

That's when it clicks. I know exactly what I need to do. And if he really wants me, he'll be able to do it. I guess this is when I find out if he's truly faithful or not...

*Reed's POV*

My wolf was whining inside of my head and I had a splitting headache from it. None of the medications were working to relieve it. I haven't slept in days because of it.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I realize that I look like absolute shit and now that I think about it, I smell like it too.

I'm gathering up my things for a shower when there is a knock on the door. Are you kidding me right now? Can't people just leave me alone?

"What?" I growl as I rip the door open.

"Damn, no need to be so moody Alpha," Janie laughs and enters my room.

"Did I invite you in?" I hiss.

"No, but to be honest, I don't really care. Cause you need to get your ass out of bed," she says, approaching me. "You need a shower also."

She walks around me, pulling at my clothes with disgust. Then she bites her lip and smiles sweetly.

"Although I do have to say that this rough look is kind of sexy," she admits.

"Stop touching me. If you want someone to touch, go bother your mate," I say, pushing her away slightly.

"What if I don't want my mate anymore? What if I want the Alpha?" she questions, circling me, dragging her finger over my clothes.

"You're treading on thin water, Janie. Don't test me."

"Oh, come on, Reed. What happened to the sexy Alpha male I used to know who loved to get action? Don't you want some from me?"

"That Alpha male is gone now! He's been replaced!" I snarl. "Get the fuck away from me before I forget that you are my Beta's mate and rip you to shreds."

"Mmm, I love it when you get angry," she breathes on my face, leaning in.

As much as I want to pull away, my body is so filled with rage that I cannot move; otherwise she would be dead in a second. Unfortunately standing still has left me wide open to her advances and when she pushes her lips against mine, I can't pull away.

"Well I guess it's officially proven," a voice says from the doorway.

Janie pulls away and scowls when she sees who it is; Ella.

"No Ella! She kissed me!" I insist.

"If it was her kissing you then why were you standing there kissing her back then, huh? Obviously you don't care about me!" she spits out. "God Janie, you are such a slut! I feel bad for Parker for having such a skanky mate! And don't worry, he'll know first thing in the morning. He may not be my friend, but he has a right to know!"

"Don't you dare!" Janie hisses at her.

"Try me," she growls in response.

"Oh, I will!" she screams and goes to lunge at Ella.

I grab her around the waist and walk to the door, pushing her out. I shut the door and lock it, keeping Ella in and Janie out.

"Ella, please, let me explain!" I beg, tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

What is this girl doing to me? I'm Alpha. I'm not supposed to show weakness. But she's breaking me down!

"Why should I Reed? I know your reputation! I can't believe you would go and do this to Parker either! He doesn't deserve this!" she reprimands me.

"It was her! It wasn't me!" I protest.

"Well you obviously weren't doing anything to stop it, so it's both of your faults. And you've just lost your second chance that I was going to give you."

"Please! Tell me what I need to do!" I plead, dropping to my knees in front of her.

She stares at me and thinks for a second.

"You have 20 days. 20 days to prove to me that I should take you as my mate. And if you can't prove it, you'll be leading your pack alone and I'll be moving far, far away," she says. "Don't blow this."

She gives me a weak smile and leaves the room. I feel a smile creep up on my cheeks. I get another chance! Now to just come up with the plan of how exactly I'm going to make her fall in love with me...

~COPYRIGHT 2013~