Chapter Fifteen

Picture of Terrence, played by Sam Witwer

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Eric's POV*

Reed and Ella haven't come back since they lowered Parker into the ground. With one last goodbye to him, I grab Maia's hand and pull her along with me to search for them. What I find is not something I was expecting. My sister is weeping on the ground, clutching her chest. I run over and collapse beside her.

"El, what's wrong? What's going on?" I ask frantically.

"R-Reed. H-He le-left," she gasped out.

"Left? What do you mean left?"

"H-He doesn't th-think he's good e-enough. He left for A-Alpha Academy."

"He didn't reject you, did he?"

"No, but he might as well have!" she bawls.

"Come on, let's get you back to the school," I say.

Maia comes over and helps me pick her up off of the ground. Ella drags her feet across the ground as we make our way to the limo. The ride back to the school was silent and when we got there, she exited the limo and stomped up to her dorm room.

"I would love to be with you for the rest of the day, but Ella is my friend and I need to be with her right now," Maia says to me.

I laugh. "Ella is my sister Maia. I need to be with her right now also. Come on, let's go comfort her together."

"You're such a good big brother," she smiles, pecking my lips. "Not to mention you're an amazing mate. And that is why I love you so much."

"Love you too, Mi," I grin, beginning to walk up to the dorm room.

*Ella's POV*

I'm right. Reed might as well have rejected me because this pain I'm feeling in my heart feels like he did. How could he just walk away from me? How could he just leave me here for the rest of the year? I need my mate. Sure, he has messed up before but he's beginning to prove himself. I gladly accept him the way that he is. He is a great Alpha and an amazing mate. I mean, look what he has done for me so far! Sending flowers to every one of my classes? Making food and bringing me out on a beautiful lunch date? He's great! But he really needs to have more confidence in himself.

I have to admit, being cooped up in that limo with my brother and Maia was pretty awkward. Especially after they saw me breakdown like that. That is why I got out of the limo as soon as I could.

That is why I am stomping up to my room at the moment. I just want to be alone for a little while to wallow in my own pity. But when I open my door, something feels funny. There is a strange scent in my room. It almost smells like...VAMPIRES!

I run for the door, but it is too late. There is a pale, mean looking male standing in front of it. His raven colored hair is slicked back to reveal his hideous pitch black eyes. He smiles, licking over his fangs.

I can hear shuffling around me and when I turn around to see what's going on, I see that I am surrounded. There is a huge group of vampires circling me. And standing there in a bright red outfit is Janie, with a smirk on her face.

"Janie?" I ask.

"Don't speak my name, bitch!" she hisses, fangs popping out of her gums.

My eyes widen. "I thought you were a werewolf! I've seen you shift!"

She cackles and her fangs disappear back into her gums. "I was one until I met Terrence," she smirks.

The black haired man walks over to her and wraps his arm around her. She kisses him roughly and then licks her lips, winking at him. I gag. Geez, PDA much? What a slut!

"I was happy with Parker until I realized that being Beta female really is nothing. You have no power that way. That's why I went after Reed. I wanted to be Alpha female and have more power," she explains. "But Terrence here introduced me to the vampire world. He taught me that being a vampire gives you way more power. So I went to a witch and had her take my wolf away. Then I asked him to change me. And here I am, ruling a vampire coven with a sexy male by my side."

"Wow, you really know how to betray your pack, don't you? First a witch, and now a god damn vampire?" I laugh. "God, you are such a slut! I can't believe Parker fell in love with you because he is WAY too good for you!"

Before I know what is happening, Terrence has me pinned against the wall by my throat. My claws come out and I claw at his hand but there is no response.

"You will NOT speak to my beloved like that!" he snarls.

"Pssh, beloved? She is not your beloved! She had a mate before she met you!" I scream through gasps of air.

"Baby, she's not fucking worth it," Janie coos, stroking Terrence's back. "We're taking her anyways, so let's get out of here before we're caught."

"Goodnight whore."

Next thing I know, I'm swimming in a sea of black vision, unconscious to the outside world.

*Eric's POV*

When we got up to Maia and Ella's room, the door was wide open. I push Maia behind me and tell her to stay put. I push the door open and it creaks. The room is empty, but the window is wide open. There is a lingering scent but I cannot put my finger on it. It's almost like they had somebody mask it for them.

"What smells so funny?" I hear Maia's voice right behind me.

"I thought I told you to stay out in the hallway!" I scold her.

"Did you really expect me to listen?" she asks.

I give her a look, telling her that she will be punished later for not obeying my orders. But I know she's excited for it cause everybody knows what a mate's punishment is like *wink wink*

However, right now is not the moment to worry about that. I have to figure out who took my sister and where she is. She is my number one priority at the moment.

"Call Mitch and get him down here," I order Maia.

She nods and gets on her cell phone.

El, wherever you are, we're coming to get you. Don't worry, I speak through our mind link.

But there is no response. And that is what scares me.

~COPYRIGHT 2013~