Chapter 6: Naked

Comincia dall'inizio

"So far we have been unable to contact the father of Lake. Foul play may be at hand. The only legal guardian we have gotten a hold of is her older brother. The suspects are three males who look something like this." Sketches that resembled the guys that kidnapped me were shown.

She went on to describe them.

"So your name's Ariana." Carter muttered.

"I know, now shut up." I waved my hand dismissively at him while keeping my eyes glued to the TV screen.

"If you have any information about the three suspects or the victim, call the number below." The sketches and an old school photo of me popped up on the screen.

"They got my hair all wrong!" Carter groaned and pointed at the sketch of him.

"The police are looking for you and you're worried about your hair?" I scoffed.

"Crap." He muttered and turned off the TV.

He starred straight ahead, his gaze unfocused. His eyes glazed over.

"What the..." I poked him.

"What?" He looked at me.

"Can I make a phone call?" I gave him my best puppy dog look.

"So you can call the police? Yeah, Logan would kill me." He rolled his eyes.

"I just want to call my brother and sister, let them know I'm okay. I have to, please." I felt tears burn the back of my throat.

"No, please don't cry! Uh, just wait until Logan gets back." He got that far off look in his eyes again.

He looked at me. "He's back."

"How do you kn-" I was interrupted by a door slamming.

Logan and Isaac walked down the stairs. They both looked at me and I moved closer to Carter. So far he seemed to be the safest.

"Carter, go call Luke's dad. He's a cop, I'm sure we can figure something out." Logan dragged his hand down his face.

Carter stood up, but I grabbed his hand. Logan growled, a guttural, animalistic sound..

"I want to call home. And I want to stay with him. He hasn't drugged me." I shot a pointed look at Logan.

"Mine." Logan growled at me.

"No, I'm not." I calmly stated.

Carter peeled our hands apart and walked upstairs, bowing his head to Logan.

"Can I at least call my family?" I whimpered.

"Five minutes." He pulled a phone from his pocket and handed it to me.

I dialed Jake's phone number and waited anxiously for him to answer.

"Hello?" His voice was hoarse.

"Jake?" I spoke quietly.

"Ariana?! Are you hurt? What happened? Where are you?" He yelled.

Voices shouted in the background.

"Oh god Jake, I'm okay. Can I talk to Emily?" I asked.

There was a pause before I heard her.

"Ari?" She sniffled.

"Emily!" I cried.

"Are you okay?" Her voice was thick with tears.

"More or less." I muttered.

"Tell them not to look for you." Logan spoke.

I moved the phone from my ear. "No freaking way." I hissed.