Guts, Blood and Pain.

(Warning slight violence but we find out Nicole and Matthew's past together.)

Time stood still for several minutes. No one moved afraid of what Sapphire and I would do. Until one dumb, brave but dumb, guard tried to rush us inspiring everyone else to the same.

"Saph if you would immobilize Matthew, I'm saving him for later." I yelled catching  a guys punch to my face before twisting the arm behind his back and taking his gun pulling the trigger against his head, one less guard.

Tossing my gun to Saph who now had double pistols taking several head shots, my girl's growing up so fast. I managed to find a sturdy wooden staff, my favorite weapon other than knives, that I swung with grace and fluidity to break every neck within reach.

As I decapitated everyone near me I watched as Sapphire neared Matthew. She struck his temple with the butt of her gun and pulled out a knife from one of the bodies close to her.

Slicing the tendon on his legs rendering him unable to run away while she broke both of his arms making him completely defenseless as he cried out. Finally finished with the group of guards previously surrounding me I stalked over to my prey stepping over many dead men I stood over Matt making him cower in fear.

"You won't hurt me you don't have the heart." He said making me laugh. "Look around you, Sapphire didn't kill everyone while I stood in the shadows, I did. I killed them just like how I'm going to do to you, but first," I paused to take off my shirt leaving me in just a bra but that wasn't my focus, the jagged scar diagonally above my bell button was.

"do you remember this? The day you wanted to take my innocence from me but I rejected you. No one ever did that to you did they? You couldn't take not having what you wanted so you gave me a couple broken bones, busted lip but that still wasn't enough. You pulled a knife on me, lunging, trying to cut me enough to lose so much blood it would weaken me so you could do as you pleased. But I put up a fight long enough for Bell to figure out I needed help. I always wondered how she knew I was in trouble, well now I know, it's time to return the favor. An eye for an eye, scar...for...a...scar."

I gave a savage war cry before slicing his stomach open deep enough for him to lose the majority of his blood but not to kill him. Finally after years of being afraid I can live again I'm safe from him at least. Suddenly I felt something drip down my mouth reaching up I felt something coat my fingers. Looking down I watched as blood puddle in my hand.

"Bell? In about ten seconds I'm going to black out. This is a symptom of the blue-fang gene we have to hurry." Instantly Bell started grabbing weapons and handed me my shirt while pushing my towards the forest line.

Knowing we didn't have time to climb a tree Bell pushed me down into a fair sized hollowed out tree trunk. Right as we got comfortable and sure of our safety I lost control of the black closing in and gave into the sleepiness pulling at me.
~~~~~
Ryden's P. O. V

We followed Cole down the hall to the bookcase at the end of the hall. "You had said the other day they had gotten lost in this area so we searched around and found drops of coffee and pasta. We pushed the book case over and found a door leading into a room cover in scrolls, tapestries and both of your mates scents mixed in the room. Apparently Luna had brought several cups and plates that she dropped a lot of it when she was entering helping us find this room."

Never had I been so happy my mate didn't have help to carry things. "We also found something we think is important." We stopped in front of a single lecterns holding one scroll, The Great Prophecy.

No this can't be. I thought stumbling back. As a child my mother would always tell me about The Great Prophecy how I would know when I was old enough. Now my mate is being sucked in to this, I have to find her before its to late.

"Alpha we also found an old property that belonged to alpha Jameson's father," he was hesitant to bring up that excuse for James' father, he was never mine, as I had banned his name long ago.

"We believe Jameson might have taken the girls there."  "Landon lets go find our mates." Finally we arrived at the old house I busted in followed by Landon and other warriors. Depressed I walked out Nicole was nowhere around neither was Jameson the coward ran away.

Looking around I saw flashes of red, calling Landon and a few warriors we went to investigate. The closer we got the increasingly more I felt mortified all around were bodies half had bullet hole in their heads while the others necks where broken at odd angles.

One man was sliced open at the stomach and legs with both arms broken, something seemed to ring a bell in my head but right now Nicole was the only thing I cared about.

All at once a horrible smell hit my nose, Nicole's blood. "Nicole!" I shouted frantically running around looking everywhere when I heard muffled sounds coming from a tree truck several feet away. "Landon over here!"

We practically tore the trunk apart until we found Bell cradling Nicole's head, and pointing two guns at our heads. "Landon!" Bell gently moved Nicole over and jumped into Landon's arms ignoring the fact she just had us at gun point.
"Bell what happened?! Why is my mates face covered in blood and passed out!?"

I gently picked her up in my arms and tried to clean the blood away. "She'll be fine Ryden, black outs are side affects of using the blue-fang power. She is also going to be extremely skittish for an hour or two as that was how long our mini battle lasted."

  "You and Nicole killed all those guards your self?!" Landon asked incredulously. "A good reason not to get on our bad side." She smirked. "Come on its to dark to go back to the pack house, we will have to spend the night here." I said carrying Nicole like the porcelain doll she was.

Hours later everyone had showered and calmed down Nicole was still asleep so Bell had taken care of her and cleaned her up. Crawling into bed next to my precious mate I pulled her as close as I could with out crushing her, I can now relax with her in my arms.

Everything is finally at peace, for now, the peace before the storm.