FEARS AND CONSOLING

Start from the beginning

"But you have me and Ziva everyday here at work you know we are always there for you if you need someone to talk to."

Jasmine smiles at Abby. "Thanks Abby, I know that but it's different when I talk to Jenny. You and Ziva are like sisters to me and Jenny, I don't know how to put it in words. It's just... yeah it's just different."

Now Abby smiles. " You mean with the director it's more like talking to a mother?"

Jasmine casts her eyes downwards becoming very silent. Is that what I want to see in Jenny? No, I had a mom I can't let her down and wish for Jenny to fill that role. It would be like forgetting her and replacing her because she isn't here anymore. I don't want to forget her... It wouldn't be fair to her if I live my life like nothing had happened.
Jasmine wipes away a tear that escapes and runs down her cheek. She shook her head to get a hold of herself but she couldn't. She has to get out of there.

"Abby I have to go to the bathroom." She says and runs out of the lab and into the next bathroom. Jasmine closes the door and locks it. She walks over to the sinks and splashs her face with cold water. The tears flow freely now and now and then a hard sob racks her small body. The fear of forgetting her mom plagued her for a while now but Abbys statement about her relationship with Jenny confirmed her fear and now she doesn't now what to do anymore. Mom I never meant to hurt you. I will never replace you. Jasmine vows.

Ziva comes down to the lab around lunch time. "Hello Abby, do you want to join me for lunch? The boys are out and Gibbs is in MTAC. That leaves you and me."

"Yeah sure Zi, I'm ready in a second." She gets her purse and is about to leave with Ziva when she remembers something. "Zi was Jasmine up in the bullpen in the last hour?"

"No I have not seen her. Why?"

"She came down here a while ago and we talked then suddenly she became very silent and rigid, then she ran out saying she had to use the bathroom but she didn't come back yet. I thought she went up to you guys. You think we should search for her."

"She is maybe with Ducky or the director. Lets look in autopsy first." Ziva says and changes direction towards autopsy.

Jasmine wasn't with Ducky and not with the director. Ziva and Abby are back on their way to Abbys lab maybe she is there now.

Again they are disappointed. The girl is nowhere to be found.

"Ziva I don't know where else we should look." Abby begann to panic.

"We will find her, don't worry Abby. She wouldn't leave the building so she can't be far away." Ziva tries to calm her friend down.

"The toilet." Abby shouts and runs to the nearest bathroom. Ziva follows and almost runs into Abby when she is stopped by the closed bathroom door.

"Uuphf Abby! Whats wrong."

"Sorry but the door is looked I can't get in."

"She must have locked it." Ziva states the obvious. Abby knocks but nothing happens. Jasmine hears the voice and knocking but doesn't bother answering. She wants to be left alone. So many thoughts run through her head and she is completly overwhelmed.

"Abby let me try." Ziva comes to the door and leans against the frame.

"Hey Jasmine. It's Ziva. Can you hear me?" No answer.

"Please Jasy answer me. Are you alright?" She could hear soft movement behind the door. Then a quiet " I'm fine"

"Jasmine you sound everything but fine. Talk to me, you know I will always be here for you."