Chapter 32- The Walk on the Wild Side Isn't for Everyone

Start from the beginning

I cross my arms and simply roll my eyes at him not entirely sure what to say to him. I mean, I suppose it wasn’t entirely his fault alone, but it was still frightening nonetheless.

Maybe I did act a bit rash.

“I know.” I confess. “It was partly mine. I should have never gotten on that bike. It just reminded me of how much a good girl I actually am.”

This time I turn back to face him feeling somewhat sad about that. “As much as I’d like to be, I just can’t walk on the wild side with you. I’m not the care-free girl you’d like for me to be. I’m just not cut out for it. The walk on the wild side isn’t for everyone.”

After my admittance of my faults Brody then takes a chance of entering the room, but with caution. He crosses the distance between us and takes his stand in front of me while I keep seated on the edge of the bed. My heart picks up in pace as he grabs my hand and interlaces our fingers.

“I know. And I thought it was cute that you tried.” He says with a slight grin. “I found it quite amusing actually.”

“Well. I’m glad it was entertaining for you.” I say bitterly.

“And I’m also glad you couldn’t do it.” He continues. “Because I love you just the way you are.”

And that sent my heart into overdrive. Did I really just hear the word love in there? I couldn’t have, right? Surely he wasn’t confessing his love for me now. Bad boy’s don’t fall in love. At least I don’t think they do.

“W-what?” I stutter.

He must have been just as shocked as I was by his words because he looks like he had just seen a ghost. I take it that was the last thing he expected to hear himself say.  

“I...uh…”

“Did you just…did you say what I think you just said?” I ask a little hesitant.

What if he takes it back? What if he didn’t mean it?

“That depends what you think you heard.” He replies cautiously.

I could hear the nervousness in his voice as he spoke. It was almost as if he didn’t want to admit it.

“I thought I heard that you love me.” I confess.

“And if you did?” He asks slowly.

My heart was racing and my mind was spinning over his words. I wasn’t quite sure what was happening, but I felt strange. I had never felt this much excitement in all my life. It was definitely something new to me.

Even when Blake had told me how he felt I had never felt like this. What did that mean? Was it never right between Blake and me? Had everything I felt all been an illusion?

Why didn’t he give me this much excitement?

When I realize I still hadn’t answered him he was starting to look a little worried which was the exact opposite of how I wanted him to feel. I quickly try to come up with a reply before he changes his mind.

I clear my throat awkwardly at the silence before beginning.

“Well…if that’s true.” I begin. “Then I might have to say……I love you too.”

Oh my gosh! Did I really just tell him that? Why?

I mean I know why, but I’d never been confident enough to admit it to myself let alone him.

I couldn’t help but notice the weight that had been lifted off my shoulders after I’d said the words. I hadn’t quite realized how much I wanted to say what I had until now.