Chapter twenty - You lied to me

En başından başla

The words Nigel said now made her hurt herself. She'd told him she was saying the truth, but after all. She clenched her teeth, and suddenly banged against the wall, pressing her forehead against it again as she tried to sob as quietly as possible. She cursed herself.

'Nigel?' she muttered as she stroked through her hair. 'Nigel?' she repeated. 'Don't...' she muttered now. 'Nigel I am so, so sorry...' She closed her eyes again and shut her mouth for a moment. 'I'm so... so sorry for everything...'

She snorted, getting up a bit to place her flattened hands against the cold stone.

'Whoever told you that... they- it's true...' She clenched her teeth, hating herself for saying this. The only reason why she did, was because of Nigel saying he trusted her. Being so politely that went straight through her heart. She couldn't lie to him. He was the only one she cared about.

'I was so young when it started,' she muttered - out of nowhere beginning the story. 'My father would come into my room at night... and do things. Sometimes it felt like I was in a dream. Watching him do things to a stranger, or a corpse. I finally once got the courage to tell my stepmother.' She pressed her lips and scratched her nails along the cold floor, thinking of it again. 'She gave me candy to keep quiet...'

She nuzzled against the wall again and bit hard on her lower lip.

'There was a truth to the story I told before, Nigel. I loved my horses... They were my escape.' She sighed now. 'I found out they'd sold them all... I became so anger, that I once got the courage to get up to my parents with a hatched... And after...' She shut her eyes again and clenched her teeth.

'That's when I woke up, and saw my life for what it was. And once I opened my eyes, there was no turning back. Have I opened your eyes, Nigel? Are you repulsed by what I am?'

Nigel:

Another silence fell.. an even longer one this time.

...

"Why?"

His voice didn't sound all that judging.. that didn't say anything though. He wás annoyed she had lied to him, especially since she knew so much of him, but truth be told he was already glad he didn't have to see her face right now. He couldn't stand a woman's tears.

He listened to her story quietly, staring at his knees, which he had pulled up towards his chest and wrapped his arms around. Anyone would feel pity for her story. If not pity than horror. Nigel didn't feel any of these emotions, though. He didn't feel anything. He shut the emotions out.. at least most of them. The question was if this was a good thing after all.

"I'm not repulsed by you," he finally answered in an empty and rather cold voice. "I don't care what you did or who you killed. It's not my business."

Alex:

Her eyes were shut, and her body trembled as she sat down on the cold stone pavers. A soft sobbing noise got audible, and she clenched her teeth as she dropped the back of her head against the wall. She slowly wrapped her arms around her knees, pulling them up, cuddling them tightly to make herself feel more safe.

She gazed through her eye corners, still searching for eye contact as if she could get that by gazing through the wall. Her flattened hand pressed against the stone, hoping she could feel Nigel his touch.

'I'm so sorry,' she mumbled again. 'I didn't wanted you to be disgust about me. Everyone in here seems to feel innocent in here. Whenever I told someone my real story, the repulsed me, though the most of them are wrong too.' Grace stared at her hands now and sighed deeply.