X

"A—am I seriously going to live in your house?" Adelaide asked for the millionth time, not being able to get over the initial shock.

"Yeah, silly." Zach smirked and then, louder, said, "Look, our flight's here!"

The five had left Isla Nublar behind as soon as possible and were now headed to the Mitchell home, where Adelaide was going to live from now on. She couldn't believe that she was going to have a place to stay.

"I hope I'm not going to become a Mitchell, because... y'know." Adelaide laughed.

Zach regarded her words, and then winked at her. "Not now, but maybe in a few years."

Her jaw dropped when she finally understood what her boyfriend—God, she loved calling Zach that—meant, and slapped his arm playfully.

"Let's take it easy for now."

Zach pecked her cheek. "Your wish is my command," he said, and offered a mock bow.

Karen, Zach's mother, pointed to three seats farther in the back. "Alright, dad and I are going to stay here, while Zach, Gray and Adelaide can sit there."

Zach eyed her, and Adelaide chuckled.

"Fine, we can take Gray with us," she said, smiling as she rolled her eyes.

The two teenagers occupied their respective seats. Adelaide looked out the small window.

"I'm going to miss this place," she whispered.

Zach rubbed her shoulder in an attempt to soothe her. "Hey," he stammered, "at least you're not going to miss me."

Adelaide squinted at him, only to burst into laughter. "You'll be in the next room from now on, how could I miss you?"

Zach was about to speak, when his phone vibrated loudly in his pocket, signaling he had received a message.

Unlocking the screen, Zach scoffed.

"What's wrong?" inquired Adelaide.

Zach passed her the phone. There were two messages from his ex-girlfriend, Kelly, one begging forgiveness and one explaining in detail how much she loved him.

"Don't worry, I'm not going back to her," Zach quickly stated, noticing Adelaide's frown.

"It's okay, I'm not jealous or something," she assured.

Another message popped up as Adelaide handed the device over to Zach.

I want to talk to that girl.

"You are so not talking to her," he said, catching a glimpse of the text.

Adelaide huffed, slightly amused, and gave Zach his phone back right as a stewardess asked everyone to close their electronic devices.

"Get some sleep," Zach said, interlacing his and Adelaide's fingers. "It's been a couple of rough days."

"You also had some rough days," retorted Adelaide, but she eventually obliged and closed her eyes, and sleep took over her as the plane took flight.

* * *

Adelaide was shaken awake. Her eyelids fluttered open, and she took in Zach's countenance, which looked just as groggy as hers.

"We're here," he only said.

Adelaide could see people cramming down the aisle, towards the exit. She pressed the heels of her palms into her eyes and rubbed at them, then stood up. A sudden bout of dizziness had her sitting back down again, Zach's arm wrapped securely around her waist.