VIII

The Indominus Rex dangerously approached them and began communicating with the Raptors.

Giving Owen one last glance, Blue turned around and hissed, infuriating the bigger carnivore, which threw the Raptor into a wall mercilessly.

Owen whistled shortly and the two remaining dinosaurs attacked, jumping onto the Indominus.

Grabbing their hands, Claire ran to what was a building a few hours ago. The adrenaline in Adelaide's veins diminished the pain of the scratches, and she mentally prayed they'd make it out alive. Her future was uncertain, but she would rather have been homeless than dead.

Gray started mumbling numbers and Adelaide turned her head to him, "What's wrong?"

"Teeth. We need more teeth." he stated quietly and Claire's eyes widened, "J — Just stay here and wait for Owen, okay? Be safe." she looked at the three children while grabbing a walkie-talkie and a flare, then dissapearing from their sight.

"What is she doing?" Zach questioned confusedly and a corner of Adelaide's mouth rose, "What she's best at; saving the day."

******

Im a short while, Owen had appeared in front of them, his pointer finger brought up to his lips. He sat next to them and put his arm on Gray and Zach's chests, not being able to reach Adelaide, who was trapped into the opposite corner.

The sharp teeth of the carnivore appeared and Adelaide held her breath once again, not daring to make any sound. With a ferocious roar, the Indominus spotted them and the four screamed, running into the opposite side of the room as the I-Rex tried grabbing them with its claws. One managed to get Gray's belt and horror was shown on all of their faces. Zach and Adelaide held the child down as the belt finally gave in.

The monster before them turned its head and a small red light crossed the sky, landing on its back. Adelaide squinted her eyes and spotted Claire, but she wasn't alone. The Tyrannosaurus Rex left the shadow of the building and Claire threw herself onto the ground, letting the two dinosaurs clash.

Owen grabbed their hands and exited the small shelter, when Claire's pierced scream tore the air, "Run!"

The four listened and sprinted over to the woman, hiding behind one of the fountains which was no longer working.

They watched the fight between the T-Rex and the I-Rex and moved to a safer spot when the massive carnivores changed their location.

To their utter terror, the Indominus put the already weak Tyrannosaurus down and prepared to end its life, when a hiss was heard and Blue ran into their sight, capturing the bigger dinosaur's attention. Attacking it, the Raptor seemed to stand no chance against the much more powerful monstrosity.

Surprising everyone, the T-Rex shot up and bit the Indominus, making it grunt loudly. The two dinosaurs worked together and cornered their enemy near the Mosasaurus pen, and Adelaide hoped what she thought was going to happen would actually happen.

With a splash, the Mosasaurus jumped from its enclosure and bit the Indominus' neck, making it fall onto to ground and dragging it into the water. The four remained hidden, shock written on their faces.

Blue and the T-Rex looked at eachother and Blue let out a few chirps, as the day saving dinosaur left their sight. Finally, with Owen leading them, Zach, Gray, Adelaide and Claire stepped away from their previous spots.

Blue turned her head to Owen and he slowly nodded, after which the Raptor ran away.

"We're safe." Claire mumbled, slightly shaken up, and Owen approved, "Yeah, we're gonna be fine." he reassured and a large smile bloomed on Gray's lips.

"Ades? Are you okay?" Zach's concerned voice was the last thing that got to the girl's ears before she collapsed to the ground from exhaustion, fainting before anyone could do anything.