Chapter 7 ♡

C H A P T E R 7 ♡

Aubrey ♡

"Do we have to talk about it?" Dacian asked sighing and folding his arms over his chest.

It is his turn to share why he's here in the first place but he's refusing to tell us. I really want to know why him and his sister are here.

"I mean you don't have to tell us if you don't want to." Maria told him softly before coming over and rubbing his back.

"No it's fine. I'll just tell y'all the story about what happened." Aaliyah butted in making everyone turn to look at her.

Maria nodded her head.

"Okay go ahead." Maria gestured for her to go on.

"Well growing up things weren't easy for us. The woman who gave birth to us use to be a druggie who would do just about anything to get her next fix. She sold our stuff , robbed people close to her , and she even sold her body for drugs. She brought all type of men over and considering we were only five we didn't know what was going on at all. One day she bought one of her men over , I didn't think nothing of it since men run in and out of the house all the time. She left the man in the living room before coming up to our bedroom and dragging me out of the bed. I had no idea what was going on or anything as she dragged me to her room. She got me all dressed up with makeup and expensive clothes that I didn't even know she had before taking me downstairs. She sat me on the couch next to the man and told me to sit still. I did what I was told and suddenly the man sitting next to me started leaning over touching me in inappropriate places. I did what any little girl would've done and started screaming. I guess Dacian heard me screaming and ran downstairs to my rescue. He saw me laying on the couch hopeless ,  he jumped on the man and started hitting him with all of his strength. Dacian was only five so he really couldn't do much. The man started beating Dacian once he pushed him to the ground. I couldn't just stand there and watch him do that to my brother so I picked up the nearest thing which just so happens to be a remote and threw it at the back of his head. I must've gotten lucky because next thing I know he's passed out. The woman I use to call my mother was so angry that she kick both Dacian and I out of the house. We've been living with our grandma since we were five years old..." Aaliyah finished with tears falling out of her eyes.

Dacian shook his head before standing up and walking away.

"This is why I didn't want you to tell them." He said before leaving the building.

"Dacian!" Aaliyah called after him standing up to follow him.

"Aaliyah relax a little bit." Maria told her standing in front of her.

"I have to go check on my brother!"
Aaliyah snapped trying to get pass her.

"I'll go check on him." I told Aaliyah standing up and heading towards the door.

"Thank you." Aaliyah thanked me before letting her tears fall out completely.

I ran outside the building quickly trying to find Dacian.

Who knows how far he could've gotten already.

I sighed when I seen him walking angrily down the street. I quickly ran over to him and grabbed his arm.

"Dacian where are you going? Let's talk." I said pulling on his arm.

"There's nothing to talk about." He replied back pulling his arm away from me and walking away.

I followed behind him closely waiting until he got to his destination for me to talk to him.

We walked down a couple of blocks before we made it to this tall apartment building. I followed him as he went into the building and up a long staircase. I was practically out of breathe when we made it to the top. He opened the door holding it open for me and we walked onto the roof.

Dacian grabbed a stool and sat on it staring out into the open.

"Dacian...I'm sorry about what happened to you." I stated walking over to him and putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I just wish she wasn't a druggie so I would actually know what having a mother feels like." Dacian said letting a few tears drop.

"I know." I mumbled pulling his head into my chest and rubbing his temple.

He grabbed onto my waist letting all his tears out.

Even though my mother and I aren't on the best of terms because of what happened I'm thankful I even have her in my life.

Certain stuff you shouldn't take for granted.

___________________________
Poor Dacian and Aaliyah :(

What do you guys think?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Originalcreations ✨