September 22nd, 11:47

Naruto bobbed his head slightly from side to side, singing a silent song in his head and holding the walkie-talkie in his free hand, waiting for Essyu to reply. He hadn't realized the other had brought it back over and when Essyu had spoken, he'd leapt almost high enough to hit the ceiling. But then again, he was glad to have it back because it meant entertainment without Essyu having to injure himself walking up and down the stairs.

Though the blond was really needing food sometime soon, considering he'd been up since three in the morning and he still hadn't eaten. He knew that was what Essyu was doing, but his injuries were making him slower than usual. Not that Naruto was complaining, he felt for the guy, he was just also really, really hungry.

"I don't know," the other's voice finally said through the static of the walkie-talkie. "I never really thought about it. My life was dictated for me when I was younger until my parents died. Then I didn't have the luxury of choosing what I wanted to do. Dropped out of high school, remember?"

Naruto pressed his lips together, finger hovering over the talk button before he brought the walkie-talkie to his lips and pressed it. "Well, if nothing else good comes out of all this, I'll at least feel better knowing you're going back to school."

A snort was heard from the other end. "I thought people hated school. Why are you so pro-school?"

"Hey man, don't get me wrong, school sucks," Naruto insisted with a laugh. "But I acknowledge that it's important and it's the only way to get anywhere in life so, it's necessary. Besides, if I have to suffer through it, not fair you don't," he teased with a grin.

He heard the door at the landing open and Essyu snorted down the stairs. "You're only suffering because you're a moron," the other informed him, the stairs creaking while he descended them.

"Yeah, I know. Third in my class. Totally braindead, I am."

"Whatever you say, Yoda," Essyu replied, obviously smirking.

Naruto laughed and shifted on the futon so that he was more comfortable. "I love those movies. You know, Star Wars was probably the single most epic franchise in the history of entertainment."

"I'm surprised you didn't say Harry Potter," Essyu teased, his voice closer and making it seem as though he'd reached the bottom of the stairs. Despite how much pain he claimed to be in, the other was doing well with not showing it. Naruto wondered if he himself knew what real pain even was, at this point.

"Hey, don't diss Harry Potter!" Naruto pointed his finger at Essyu-or in his general direction, anyway-and huffed. "Harry Potter was the most amazing thing to ever happen to our generation!"

"Aw, I'm sorry, did you cry when you didn't get your Hogwarts acceptance letter?" Essyu was definitely smirking now, the bastard.

"No," the blond insisted. "Kiba almost did, though, when he found out it wasn't real."

"I'm sure that was you and you're trying to make him look bad."

Naruto felt a bowl being pressed into his hands, and beamed at Essyu. "What is it?"

"Ramen."

"Ramen?!" The blond instantly perked up, feeling like someone had just shot him up with happy juice.

"Do you not like ramen?"