Chapter 7

Sasuke Says.

September 21st, 08:45

Tsunade was furious. No, she was more than furious, she was whatever would be classed above furious. She was so angry, she'd almost fallen down the stairs she'd been stomping so hard.

It had taken her almost half an hour to calm Kiba down, and even then, all that had done was make him go from a sobbing mess to a sightless zombie. He'd sat down on Naruto's bed, and had stared at the floor. And that was how Tsunade had left him, Shizune having come up to relieve her so that the older woman could go tear a strip out of her employer.

Slamming into the office, she could hear Naruto's voice briefly before Minato paused the video, the man looking as though he'd aged twenty years in one hour.

"How could you do that?" she demanded, bracing herself on his desk and leaning forward. "Do you even understand what you've done? Wasn't it bad enough that you and I felt this pain, you had to go and tell a child?!"

"Kiba can handle it," Minato insisted in a low voice.

"You call vomiting and breaking down 'handling it,' Minato?" she screamed, slamming one fist down on the desk. "Do you even know how much Naruto means to him?!"

What was I supposed to do?" Minato insisted, looking up at her with haunted blue eyes. "He would have caused problems. People would have come. It was tell him or risk him drawing attention."

"We could have told him Naruto was gone!" Tsunade insisted. "That you sent him away to a doctor! You could have lied!"

"You think I don't know how this feels?!" Minato shouted, leaping to his feet and slamming both hands onto the desk. "You think I don't know what he's thinking?!"

"So that's it?" Tsunade asked, staring at Minato, horrified. "You just told him because you want someone to suffer as much as you are?" She let out a dark laugh. "Wasn't I enough? Or is Kiba just going to be a temporary replacement for you?"

"You're out of line," Minato insisted.

"No," Tsunade snapped, glaring at him. "You were out of line by telling him. What were you thinking?" she shook her head and covered her face with both hands, letting out a slow breath. "Did you just think that Kiba was going to shrug it off and continue on as if nothing had happened?"

"Of course not," Minato whispered. "I knew it would hurt him, I knew he would react badly-"

"Then why did you tell him?" Tsunade demanded.o

"Because I needed someone to believe that I actually gave a shit about my son!" Minato yelled at her before collapsing in his chair and covering his face with both hands. "I needed him to have proof that I cared when he gets back, and you're not good enough." He looked up at her. "You always defend me, Tsunade. You always make excuses. He won't believe you. But he'll believe Kiba."

"You put him through this because you want to use him?" she whispered, shaking her head and moving back towards the door. "I don't even know what to say to you right now."

"Where are you going?" he asked, standing.

"To go comfort someone who clearly needs it more than you do," she spat back before slamming his office door.

She couldn't believe what he'd just said to her. She couldn't believe that Kiba was now going to be no better than she was just because Minato had needed proof that he cared. Resisting the urge to go back to the office and beat the crap out of the other man, Tsunade stormed back up the stairs and into Naruto's room, finding Kiba hadn't moved.