Chapter 2 - Your Last Son

MiYoung followed the young girl and inside the frontoffice.

"Mr. Byun is waiting for you inside." Said the girl.

"Thank you," MiYoung bows and watches the girl walks away. She stands at the front office, squeezing the red envelope in her hand. She takes a deep breath and knocks on the door,

"Come in," a male voice yells out loud

MiYoung opens the door and walked in. He looks at her. She is nothingdifferent from the first time they met. She is simple with a shirt, no makeup,and her hair ties to the back.

"Have a seat," he friendly speaks and looks down at her shoes.

MiYoung feels a little uncomfortable, but she tries to act normal. Pullling the chair, she sits down opposite of him.

BaekHyun crosses his hands together and looks at the girl, "Hi, my name is Byun BaekHyun. I'm a manager of this Operation department. I know you applied for the Marketing department, but unfortunately , the position is cut. In the mean time, I need a secretary. I did review your record. You worked as a Bookkeeper before. I don't think secretary's tasks would bring trouble to you. Even though this is not a position you are looking for, it could help you provide income while you are looking for a job which fits with your ability. If you are working with me, you will become an employee of this company. I can easily transfer you to the Marketing department when there is an open position." He tells placing the contract down in front of her, "I have prepared the contract. After you sign this, you will become an employee of TMS." BaekHyun says.

"How do you know I will agree to work for you?" The girl asks.

BaekHyun stands up. He carries a pen with him and walks away from his chair ,"I can't think of any reason for you to not accept my offer. You need a job, and I need a secretary. It is a fair game. You will become a permanent employee and receive all benefits, without going through many processes." He says and places the pen down on the contract. "Let's see how smart you are." He says giving her a challenge look. MiYoung picks it up and turns to the last page. However, right when she puts the pen down, the thought grasps her attention.

"Problem?" The manager questions

She looks directly as him, "You want to help me because you think you broke my shoes. Right?"

BaekHyun smiles, "That's what you think. I'm really busy. I have to deal with thousands of problems. I need a secretary like this." He speaks and snapshis finger, "With your fast thinking, I think you are the best candidate. It doesn't matter if I break your shoe or not. If you are not qualified, I will kick you out of the company anytime." MiYoung puts the pen down and quicklysigns her name

"When do you think you can start working?" He asks.

"Anytime," MiYoung replies putting the pen down on the table and hands her new manager the contact.

BaekHyun receives the paper, "Ok, let's start tomorrow." He says and looksat his watch, "I still have little time. Let me show you around first." He speaks and gets out of the room. The girl stands up and runs after him. After some open introduction to his co-workers, he walks his new secretary around the department and ends up at the empty table right on the left in front of his office,

"This will be your table, comes to work at 9 tomorrow morning." He says and turns to SooYoung. The girl hands him a folder,

"There are some important documents in here. Tomorrow, when you come, store these documents in the system. I have a laptop in my office, if you can please include this information in my laptop for me." He tells and writes down the username and password on a piece of paper. "You need this to access to my laptop. I have anearly meeting with other department. You don't have to come with me this time, but not other time. I want to give you some time to get familiar with everything. When you come tomorrow, if you have any questions you can ask SooYoung. I'll be in the office around 11." He estimates.