Chapter Ten

-A month later-

"Hey Demi! It's been a long while!" exclaimed Selena as Demi was on the phone with her. They were best friends since their Barney days. They've recently been catching up as old best friends yet again.

"Hey Sel! I know! How's your new album coming along?" asks Demi.

"It's going alright. I think that I want to write at least a few songs myself. Do you wanna write some with me?"

Demi thought that this was a pretty good idea to catch up with Selena like old times.

"Sure! Just call me up when you're ready to work with me," Demi gladly accepted.

"Will do! So what's up?"

Demi wondered about telling Selena about Joe again. Does Demi already at that stage?

"Well..."

"Who's the lucky guy???" Selena teased already knowing Demi's emphasis.

"You already know..." Demi said trailing off.

"OH MY GOD. NO WAY."

"Yeah!"

"YOU AND JOE AGAIN. YOU GUYS MAKE THE ULTIMATE COUPLE."

"Haha, we're not necessarily going out. We've been best friends yet again but I just feel like there's more to it now."

"YOU GUYS HAVE TO GO OUT. BECAUSE I KNOW THAT YOU TWO FEEL FOR EACH OTHER. AND BECAUSE YOU GUYS HAVE THAT CONNECTIONNNN," Selena squealed.

"Yeah. I mean. I really like him and all but I don't know if he likes me that way. Sure we have sleepovers and we get along only so easily but this...I don't know if he wants anything to be serious right now..."

"He's going to fall for you. He did it once, who knows. Maybe he still loves you?"

"I hope he does."

"Can I come over?"

"Sure! Come over anytime you want girl. I have nothing planned for today."

"Sweet! I'll see you in an hour or something," 

"Aint no thang but a chicken wang," Demi joked.

The two laughed just like the times that they shared together before they drifted.

-At Demi's house-

Demi waited down in the lobby so she wouldn't have to have Selena search through the billions of buzzers in the apartment. Demi opened her door and came running out to give her a ginormous hug. Selena quickly got out of her car to return that hug she was about to receive.

They embraced each other in their arms for quite a while. Selena looked like she was holding a smile up forcefully.

"What's wrong?" Demi queried.

"We have to go inside," Selena spoke in a hushed tone.

"Selena..."

"Demi, please," Selena pleaded.

They both evacuated outside, up and into Demi's suite and they grabbed a seat on the couch.

"What is it?" Demi blurted after they settled.

Selena looked Demi dead in the eye as she spoke.

"It's about Joe..." Selena trailed.

Shit.

"Shit," Demi said aloud.

"It's that Blanda chick," Selena said disgustedly.

Demi could only laugh. If Selena didn't know, then not a lot of people should know either.

The thing was that Paul wanted to cover whatever Joe and Demi had so that neither of them would have to go through a break up, if it were to happen, in public. So, this made Selena confused when Demi laughed.

"What's so funny? I thought you guys had something going on?" Selena questioned.

"It's one of those cover-ups from the publicity to keep from talking about us and getting all up in our space."

"Ohhh...I see! That's pretty clever! Let's just hope that things don't go bad. You even said you had sleepovers, right? How can you two not get caught leaving each other's apartments?"

"Disguises."

"DO YOU DRESS LIKE A MAN???"

"If it's a good night."

"That's my girl." Selena joshed.

They both giggled and laughed the night away until Joe, Justin, Miley, and Liam came over to hit up a club nearby. This was gonna be one hell of a night.