Chapter 18

RACHAEL'S POV

After hours of staring into the darkness and jumping at every little sound, light starts to pour in through the survival windows. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get that nightmare to stop haunting me. It was so real, I could feel Harry's fingertips as he touched me with such delicacy. And when he turned on me, I could feel the hurt of his words, I could feel the... knife.

I place my hand over my chest, running my hand over the spot he "stabbed" me. While thinking about the horrid night terrors, I hear someone stir in the cell next to me.

"Sephora?" I whisper, once again clutching the blanket.

"Yeah?"

Relief washes over me. Now that someone is awake, I can finally relax a little. "I had the worst dream ever..."

"I'm listening." She says, shifting in her bed.

"Well, it started off when Harry-" Shit. I can't tell her Harry and I are together! "-He... uh... kidnapped me again?" It comes out as more of a question than a statement. Good job, Rachael.

"Oh I've had that dream multiple times. It gets better after the third time... kinda."

"Y-Yeah. Hopefully." I mutter, drawing circles into the blanket.

"Can you girls shut the fuck up about that dick head? You talk about him non-stop, and frankly, some of us are trying to sleep." Ravyn snaps. What's her problem with me this week? She can't seem to lay off of me. Maybe she's PMSing extremely bad...

"Deal with it." Sephora sneers. I silently giggle at her sassiness. Ravyn groans and then not another peep is heard from her.

Suddenly, the metal door swings open, revealing Jax and Harry. "Hello Ladies." Jax torments, a yellow-toothed smile spread across his face. "Here's your breakfast." They both slide our food under the cell doors. Looks like oatmeal today. Woopie.

"Nice bed head, doll face." Harry smirks, sliding a juice box under the cell.

"Says the master of bed heads." I tease, a grin taking over my face. He places his hands over his heart with an offended look on his face, receiving a laugh from me. However, it is short lived when I remember the ordeal from the night. My appetite suddenly vanishes and my face falls as I begin picking at my food.

I notice Harry tilts his head a little, noticing my gestures. "What's up with you?" He asks, his eyes burning into mine.

Looking down at the floor, I mutter, "Nothing..."

Harry stares at me for a second before nodding it off. "Well, I'm going to need you to come up to my room and do my laundry after you're done eating." I look up and he winks at me. I freeze, chills running through my body. It wasn't uncommon for them to ask us to do their chores, but I just can't do it today.

"I-I can't..." I look up at him and his eyebrows are furrowed at me.

"C'mon, I have a lot of dirty laundry that needs cleaned." I can tell he wasn't really talking about the laundry, but our intimacy. However, it doesn't phase me and I'm still shaken up.

"Harry-"

"Rachael, just come up."

"But I-"

He begins opening my cell while saying, "It's not that bad, trust me-"

"I SAID NO!" I yell, tears brimming my eyes. I can see the hurt behind his eyes as he stops what he's doing. Suddenly, his eyes turn dark and his face turns to stone.

"Well, I fucking said you're coming with me, right now." He sneers, throwing open my cell door. I lay my tray down and scoot back in my bed as he strides over to me.

He grabs hold of both of my wrists in one hand, and yanks me up, dragging me behind him out of the cell. Stomping up the stairs, I struggle to free myself from his grip, but fail miserably. Tears begin dripping from my eyes as he pulls me down the hallway to his room. His hands tighten their grip on me, and my wrists begin to ache.

"H-Harry, you're hurting me." I whimper as he slams the door to his room. Suddenly. He lets go and his face softens.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." He says, reaching out for me. I pull back, avoiding his touch, and the hurt expression returns. How can he go from playful, hurt, aggressive, and back to hurt in a matter of minutes?

"Are you... scared of me? I thought you understood everything? I'm not a bad person." He whispers, backing up and looking down at the floor.

"Harry, I do it's just that-" I try to explain, but he cuts me off.

"It's just that you don't love me?!" He yells, his chest heaving up and down.

"Let me explain!" I say, taking a step towards him. I gently place my hand on his shoulder, but he suddenly throws my arm off of him.

"NO! GET OUT! GO BACK TO YOUR CELL!" It feels as if my heart is shattering a little more with every word he speaks. "RYKER! GET THIS LYING BITCH AWAY FROM ME!" He screeches. This is not the Harry I know, something is coming over him. He suddenly grabs a glass jar off from his desk and throws in on the ground.

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my ankle as I tumble to the ground. I let out a yelp of pain, and look down to the source of my agony.

I spot a large hunk of glass pierced inside my ankle. I let out another screech as I take in the bloody sight.

I glance up at Harry, who is gaping at me with a mortified look on his face. "I-I'm so sorry. Again, I don't know what happened to me. I can't control this." He says, kneeling down next to me as he picks up my ankle.

"Don't, please. Stay away." I pull back my ankle and scoot back, shaking with fear. I saw a piece of Harry that I never wanted to see. A piece of Harry I know isn't the real him. But, he hurt me. Just like the dream.

Just then, Ryker barges in. His eyes immediately go wide. Rushing over to me, he wraps my arm around his shoulder and helps me up. "I'm- uh- going to take you to the bathroom and clean you up, ok?" I nod, getting up with full support of Ryker.

As we waddle out of the room, I look back to see Harry on his knees with his head in his hands. I can't take in the sight of this broken boy before me any longer. I screw my eyes together just as the tears begin to fall, relying on Ryker to lead the way.

A/N

Hey guys, sorry it took soooo long for me to update!! I just started school again so I have way less free time. I promise I'll write when I can though! And THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS HOLY SHIT!!! This means soso much!! I promise I'll make chapter 19 very exciting! I know you guys will love it, I already have it planned ;)

Btw, if you haven't already, my friend and I are writing a book, The Broken Light! You can find it on poisonousharry ! It's also a Harry fanfic so you guys should enjoy it.(; haha ok well thank you for reading! xx