Chapter 14

*2 weeks later*

RACHAEL'S POV

I've lost track of how long I've been here. Two months, maybe? Who knows.

Harry and I have grown quite fond of each other. He's definitely nicer than a kidnapper should be. I've found myself actually enjoying his company. I don't know if I should, considering the situation, but what else do I have to lose?

I am laying down in the bad excuse for a bed when a familiar curly haired boy strolls in.

I shoot up and walk over to the door, eager to see him.

"Hey, doll face." He smirks, sending me a wink.

"Hi." I perk, looking into his eyes. I could honestly look into them forever. They are a beautiful jade color and they just draw you in-

"Hello, love?" He waves a hand in front of my face to break me out of my daze.

"Oh- um- what?" He chuckles and I join in with an awkward giggle.

"I need to bring you upstairs, there is something I need you to do for me." His eyes dart around the room, refraining from connecting with mine. Weird.

"Uhh... Alright." I awkwardly back up, waiting for him to open the cell.

We've gotten to the point where he doesn't lock my hands behind my back, he just takes my hand and escorts me around. I'm not complaining, though.

Once the door is open, he takes my hand and leads me upstairs.

"So... What are we doing?"

"You'll see."

"Harry..." I whine, but still follow him.

He leads me to what I suspect is his room. It's quite nice. His covers are a deep blue with light blue stripes and his headboard is a deep brown. All his furniture is matching his headboard. He has a large bookshelf with different colored and sized books occupying the space on the shelves. The walls are a subtle grey, it compliments the room.

"Welcome to my man cave." A dimpled smile begins to stretch across his face.

"I feel honored!" I say, placing my hands on my heart. We share a laugh, but as it dies down, I decide to speak up. "So, why are we here?"

"I didn't want to talk in front of the other girls. They aren't very fond of me." He says, putting a hand on his neck.

"Alright, what are we talking about?" I ask, flopping down onto his bed. He walks over and sits next to me, staring hard at me for a minute.

"I..." He begins, but stops, letting out a grunt.

"C'mon Harold. Spit it out." I say, flipping onto my stomach. He gives me an 'are you serious' look, most likely because I'm starting to give him nicknames, too.

"One, only I get to do the nicknames." I stick my lower lip out as he continues, "Two, I'm trying. It's a hard thing to confess."

I sit up on my bum, scooting next to him. "All jokes aside. You can tell me, I'm listening." I sincerely say. He stares at me for a minute before letting out a long sigh.

"I don't kidnap or hurt people."

Well that was not what I expected. At all. "I don't understand. You kidnapped me. You've killed 22 women. You're the most wanted man in America." Just the thought of everything gives me shivers. Why have I become attached to such a mad man? However, he winces and shoots up, starting to pace around the room.

"I didn't do any of that, though. Before you ask more questions, let me finish. I don't kidnap people. I don't kill people. I'm not the #1 most wanted criminal in America. That's not me. Jax started it all. Jax kidnaps all the women. Jax kills all of them. Jax is the most wanted man in America. I was adopted into his family and eight years later, he started the business. He's my only family, I had nowhere else to go. So I stayed with him, but I didn't do anything. He made me promise I would cover his identity by tricking people into thinking I am the one doing the crimes. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with any of it at all. But, if I turn him in, what am I supposed to do? He's my only family, my only real friend, my mentor, and my big brother. Where else would I go? Plus, I'm in a little too deep to get out, now. I'm not a bad guy, though. Everyone is just mistaken." He finishes, tears threatening to fall. He looks up at me, nervousness laced in his eyes. "Do you believe me?" He mutters while wiping tears away.

I don't know what to say. I think I believe him. Right? I'm not sure, and there is no way to ever know everything. I'll take my chances on him, though. I really hope I'm not making the biggest mistake of my life.

I get up and walk over to him, stopping right in front of him, our chests almost touching. I look deep into his now dark green eyes. I take his tear stained face into my hands. I gently caress his beautiful face that has become too familiar in the past two months. I slowly connect my lips with his, holding on to every moment. His body slightly tenses, but quickly relaxes as he laces his arms around my waist. His lips move in sync with mine, an exhilarating feeling. My body erupts in goosebumps and shivers. I gently pull back, resting my forehead against his.

"I believe you."