↠ ten

▽ It Won't Stop By Sevyn Steeter

               ↠ ten

Researching the night before, she suffered on staying awake during the next day for all of her classes with the little fuel she has left in her system.

Lea's been trying to figure out what Maxine had other than a speech impediment because it was clear that for a three year old, her mind wasn't functioning properly.

The closes result she's gotten from her over night studies is that Maxine might have been diagnosed with autism.

It would only explain the short attention span, lack of eye contact and the constant murmuring, and the title that tape was labeled as.

But there was really one other way of finding out more of answers if she finally makes an act.

''I need you're help.''

Lea stood in the empty locker room meant for the males of the school with Liam, Stiles, Scott, Malia and Mason standing around her.

''Had it not been extremely clear that we have enough problems on our hands?'' Stiles inquires, narrowing his eye's at the almost desperate teen.

''This has nothing to do with the supernatural. Just a simple road trip.''

Malia shrugs her shoulders. ''To where?''

''As of right now, I kinda want to keep that to myself.''

She was hoping that the werecoyote who still hasn't quite grasp onto the ropes of a regular human life could respect and understand her boundaries and the small nod she received from her proved so.

''Why can't you go by yourself?''

''Because Amber and my parent's will question where I'm going, and where I'm going leads to answers neither of my parents want me to find out.''

Although Scott was having trust issues with some of his peers, he still wanted to know of they're opinion if they were on board of helping her.

Everyone was, but Stiles.

Only this time he has a valid reason for not trusting her. Theo's rant of destroying and recreating a more grueling pack, Stiles couldn't help but wonder what he meant by the hunter with a demon following her soul.

Was she like him?

Void Lea?

Scott nodded. ''What do you want us to do?''

''I need a ride. Someone to drive me there so I don't have to take the car to add any suspicion'' She reasons, bouncing in her spot nervously as her hands are in back pocket of her jeans.

Mason slightly shook his head. ''What about you're parents? And Amber? They're gonna wanna know where you went.''

''That's where the rest of you come in. I don't know what lie to say exactly, but just come up with a reasonable one and keep Amber distracted. Please?''

Scott nodded again. ''So whose driving you?''

Lea took her hands out of her pockets to slap them against her clothed thighs. ''It was suppose to be Lydia, but timing is very inconvenient.''

Lydia was locked up in Eichen House and Lea hasn't really come to known the reason why she was in there in the first place.

''I could drive you'' Mason offers, dangling his keys out of his pockets of his khaki pants.

''I'll come with'' Liam quickly chimes.

Lea shot him a questioning glare but he wasn't going to back down from his offer.

Maybe if he was able to go with her, he'll find out the reasons as to what she was watching the other day when he was at her house.

''Okay, start packing then. We leave on Friday.''

It was the last thing she said before she exited the locker room, leaving the small pack to ponder over many things.

Though Scott figured one thing and he turned to Stiles. Considering the extreme lack of communication the two have, Scott still knew the spastic boy he grew up with.

''You don't trust her either?''

Licking his bottom lip, he nodded. ''This time I got a valid proof.''

× × ×

Lea stood at the window outside of Basile Cafè, contemplating on whether or not to finish any of her required assignments there instead of the comfort of her own home.

She gnawed the corner of her lips, holding a tight grip onto her binder with stacks of documents, articles and papers secured on the inside.

She stared into the glass, not only seeing the view of the barely crowded business on the inside but any actions that occured behind her.

A mini van drove past and once it did, a sight of a girl stood behind two parked car's just withholding such a demonizing stare as half of her face consumed this sort of black stuff that was stuck to her flesh.

The bags under her eye's sunken in her face while her brown orbs daggered into Lea's direction.

Lea narrowed her eye's, widening them once she saw her darkening gaze turn into an yellow amber color.

She turned to see her no longer there, as if that everything she'd witness was some sort of allusion.

'She looked a lot like Hayden.'

Shaking off the thought, she walked inside the cafè and resumed to on the rest of her daily actions.