Chapter 1

Kaiylah
My alarm went off waking me up. I got up and did my hygiene. Then I went to take a look in the mirror. My scars.... I forgot about those.

"Makeup time." I mumbled. I applied makeup to where the scars were. It works really well because you can barely see them. Afterwards I looked at myself, I looked much better than before. A tear slipped out my eye but I wiped it. I sighed and grabbed my stuff and headed downstairs.

"Dad?" I heard nothing. I called him again and still nothing. I turned to the corner, going in the living and there he was. His eyes were bloodshot red, he was smoking that green and brown thing. "I-I'm off to school." He nodded. "I have to stay over for tutor is that ok?" I asked. He nodded. I then went back in the kitchen, grabbed an apple and left out the house.

I lied to him. I don't have a tutor. I have to stay over because I have to work. He doesn't do anything but smoke and lay around all day. I have to provide for myself because I know damn sure he ain't doing it. I can't let him know I have a job though, he'll kill me. I'm saving up for an apartment, if he keeps acting like this I'm sure we'll be loosing the house we live in. It is what it is.

I finally made it in front of the school. I swiped my card and pushed the door open. It was really quiet until I opened the door, the sound of people talking and the principal speaking on the intercom filled my ears. I sighed and went to my locker to switch books for my first period. "I'm back babe." I smiled when I heard Chris' voice. Chris is my bestfriend, since second grade. He got suspended two weeks ago for getting in a fight, he was trying to protect me. He gave me a super tight hug and I extra squeezed and we laughed.

We walked down the hallway together. "How was it this weekend with your dad?" I froze and tried to play it cool. "Uh it was good, I'm ok." He gave me a 'really bitch' face and licked two of his fingers and wiped my forehead really hard, revealing the scar I had on my face. "Kai you gotta stop covering for yo dad mane. I can't let him keep treating you like this." I sighed. "Chris, I'll be fine, stop stressing about it, besides its my fault I forgot his cigarettes anyways." He huffed. "Mane whatever."
"Chris, wait!" He turned around. "I'm sorry ok."
He came to me and hugged me. "It's not your fault Kai, he keeps hitting you and it's not right, if anything you have my key ight." I smiled. "Ok love you bestfran." He chuckled and kissed me on my forehead.
************************
First chapter. :) I will update soon.
Vote.Comment.Share.
- A