Chapter 3

When Kiba woke up, Akamaru was still sleeping soundly on his dog bed. Kiba sat up and rubbed his eyes, then remembered what happpened and he sighed. He just had to get trapped on an island jungle in the middle of nowhere. But then again, he wanted to change Rei's vision of ninjas and possibly help get her off the island. BUT IT WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! HE DIDN'T KNOW WHERE HE WAS!

He walked down the stairs and saw Rei waiting for him. "Ok, I'm going to teach you how to survive in the jungle starting today." She said and walked towards the door. "Don't I get a say in this?!" He shouted and she poked her head out from the door. "No if you don't want to die." She said and he grumbled and followed her.

They walked into the jungle and a lion came towards them looking for prey. Rei jumped up in a tree and he was about to do the same thing but she stopped him. "What the heck?! You do want me to die!" He shouted thinking about running. "Maybe I do but, you have to show the lion who's the boss! Stand your ground and act like the predator! Not the prey! They'll respect you if you do that!" She ordered and he glared up at her in the tree and stood his ground. "Take steps forward!" She said and he did as he was told.

The lion eyed him with suspicion and when he was directly in front of the lion, he heard her shout. "Flick its nose!" He did it and the lion took steps back and turned around and walked away.

His jaw dropped to the ground. "It actually worked!" He shouted and he didn't realize how long had passed as each animal they encountered he would dominate. "Ok, lets go back and I'll make breakfast." She said and turned around jumping from tree to tree.

When they got back to the tree house, Rei took out to eggs and cracked them on a stone over a fire. "How do you like your eggs?" She asked. "Which ever is easiest." He replied. She nodded and continued to make the eggs. "Wait, where do you get the milk anyway?" He asked and she looked at him. "There are no cows, but there are female tigers, lions and so on." She said shrugging. He froze and shook his head cracking a small smile. "Were you lonely? While you were on this island, and even before that?" He asked and she sat back on her heels. "Extremely." She said staring at the fire cackling in front of her.

"I used to stare at all the other girls talk, and whever I would get near, it would either be about me, or they would run away. I was in your class at the academy. I graduate early and became a chunin when I was eleven. I bet you didn't even notice me. Because unlike Naruto, I didn't want to be a clown to get people's attention. I wanted people's attention to be my friend or talk to me." She said and a small smile graced her lips.

"Hikari used to always be around Akamaru whenever she could, you probably don't remember." She said and she flipped the eggs. "I always wanted to talk to you, Kiba. I thought you were going to be different then the others and actually talk to me. You did at one point, but then you were always taken away whenever you were around me by your mother. She seems to hate me the most out of everyone." She said sadly.

"But there's no one to take me away now. I can talk to you and be your friend." He said and she looked up at him in surprise. He sat cross legged on the floor next to her and she looked down at the floor.

She smiled a little bit and a warm feeling spread through her eminating from her chest. "No one's.... ever said that to me." She said her voice cracking. "Maybe 'cause they were being cowards. I was being a coward in the academy when I only talked to you once." He said and she closed her eyes her smile groing wider. She hadn't smiled since she was charged with countless murders, and since the murder of her clan.

After eating, the two had somehow gotten a contest to see who was quicker, so they were running. There was a small hill since some of the ground was higher then the rest, and Kiba tripped on a overgrown tree root which sent them both tumbling down the hilll.

When they were finally at the end of the small hill, Kiba was on top of her. She blushed, her old personality slowly coming back to her. Neither of them moved though.

I wonder how it would feel to kiss..... No! Stop thinking things like that! She thought blushing even redder. "You remind of Hinata when you blush." He chuckled. Her heart ached. "Who?" She said her voice cracking a little bit. She didn't understand the feeling that she felt at that moment. "Hinata. My team mate. She likes some knuckle head named Naruto and whenever she's around him her face is always really red. And she gets embarassed so easily it's almost funny." He explained and the feeling evaporated.

The two forgot their position. "Like of he'd do this, she'd pass out." He said lowering himself. Her face turned even redder and her eyes widened when his lips were placed firmly onto hers.

She closed her eyes and kissed him back placing a hand on his cheek.

Hidding in the bushes, Akamaru and Hikari watched the scene before them. Hikari rolled her head and Akamaru was bark-laughing.

Kiba lifted himself up again and Rei opened her eyes her heart pounding wildly in her chest. "Kiba..." She whispered her hand still on his cheek. "I'm glad that you came." She continued her voice barely above a whisper.

He lowered himself again gently placing his lips onto hers. They closed their eyes and Rei enjoyed every moment. She had met her first friend, and her first love. The old Rei awoke once again sealing the cold and hateful one deep inside of her. He pulled away. "So am I." He replied and they kissed again.

Sometimes great things grow from bad things.