Chapter 2

Normal POV

Kiba watched Akamaru like a hawk for a few hours having nothing better to do. It was starting to get dark and Rei walked down the stairs, not saying a word, and an emotionless face.

She started taking strawberries, mangoes and pineapple and slicing them on the bamboo counter, chopping them until they were dice sized. Hikari walked in through the door with something in her mouth. She dropped it on the floor and Rei started cleaning it. It was a rabit and after it was cleaned, Rei cut its head and legs off, not seeming to enjoy doing so but seemingl used to it. She skinned it and through all the unnesessary contents out a window in the back and into a river.

She started frying up the meat on a fire she had made, and rolled them in the fruit's juice every now and then until it was perfectly cooked. She cut them neatly into large pieces, and took out four plates made out of stone, carved carefully and precisely.

She put some meat on the plates along with some salad she had made on two of them. Two plates that didn't have salad were chopped into smaller pieces. She poured two glasses of water and two bowls of milk. She put them on the table and sat down. Hikari reverted to cat size and sat on the table.

Rei went over to Akamaru and checked the small wounds that had been inflicted upon him. She scratched behind his ear and he opened his eyes. She picked him up gently trying not to harm the little animal and placed him at the table across from Hikari. She sat down across from Kiba. "Eat. You need to keep your energy up or you'll die quickly." She said quietly. He nodded and they began to eat in an awekward silence.

Kiba didn't know what to say because of her story, and Rei was embarassed because of her outburst. She may not look like it, but on the inside, she is very sensitive, quiet and stubborn. But on the outside, she is still stubborn, but she's rude and tough.

After they were done eating, Rei took the plates and put them in a basket along with the bowls and glasses. "You cook really well." Kiba muttured and she looked at him from the corner of her eye. "I have been doing it for a long time." She said and looked outside.

"I'll be right back. Don't get out of this house unless you want to die." She said and jumped out the door.

She walked and picked some long bamboo, a basket full of leaves, picked some bee's wax and she killed a few big animals.

She sat on the ground and used bee's wax to glue bamboo sticks together to make a big enough platform, glued the leaves onto the bamboo platform, she took one of the animal's fur and glued that to the bamboo platform covered in leaves, another animal's fur to make a blanket, filled an animal's fur with leaves and glued it together with bee's wax to make a pillow. She used the left over animal skin from the one used to make the pillow and cut a small circle using a sharp rock/knife she made. She put leaves on it and put more skin on top of it and put some around the circle to make a dog bed. Satisfied with her work, she walked back to the tree house with the bed and dog bed which were very light since they were made of bamboo, and she cut the animals into small pieces and put them in the basket.

She put the meat in a hole in the tree and moved the rock back in place before jumping up back to the tree house to see Kiba asleep on the table. She walked up the stairs and to a spare room which had nothing in it and placed the bed on the ground against the wall, and the dog bed beside it. It oculd also be a cat bed, but Hikari's was much bigger in case she wanted to sleep in tiger form.

She walked back down the stairs and saw Kiba still asleep. She flipped the chair and he fell flat on his face on the ground. He jumped up and got in a fighting stance and a tick mark appeared on his forehead when he saw that itwas Rei. Now you know what I meant when I said she was rude.

"What the heck was that for?!" He asked and she 'tch'ed and walked back up the stairs. "I made you a bed so don't sleep on my table! And take your dog too." She said and he followed her up the stairs. She showed him his room which was pretty plain and he looked at her in bewilderment. "You know how to make things like this too?!" He asked and she rolled her eyes. "Yeah, duh. I would be sleeping on the floor if I didn't know. Now I'm going to get Hikari. Good night." She grumbled and closed the animal fur curtain to the room.

Rei walked to her room where Hikari waited for her. She lay down and sighed cuddling with Hikari.