I Do

"Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time; effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end."

-Germaine De Stael

As little girls, we dream of the day we would find our true love whom we'd spend eternity with. To be married and then start a family. We would have never thought about the heartbreak that could come along with it.

I would have never thought I would be in the situation I am in now. Pregnant, alone, and most of all hurt.

In fact, I was happily married. Key word- was. I thought we both were, turns out I was wrong. He left me, leaving me confused and alone. I thought we promised infinity and beyond..

. . . .

My palms were sweaty (knees weak, arms are heavy) as I clutched onto the bouquet of roses. The music began and I waited nervously for my turn to walk.

I took in a deep breath as the giant doors opened. Squeezing my father's arm as he led me down the aisle towards my future. I look up and meet the eyes of my heart, my life, my soon to be husband; Mason Lockwood. As we gaze into each other's eyes all of my worries fade away and just the two of us exist.

Finally, I reach the alter and kiss my dad, Grayson, on the cheek as he hands me off to Mason.

"I love you dad." I whisper, seeing tears fill his eyes. He gives me a meaningful look before placing a kiss on my forehead. I hold back my tears as my father finally accepts that another man is now responsible for his baby girl.

He sighs and glances at me one more time, "I will always love you too princess. I want you to know that no matter what- you are always welcomed back home. Okay?" His words cause me an immense amount of confusion as I nod at him.

Finally, he sends Mason a small smile before taking his seat beside my mom. And of course she already has tears rolling down her cheeks. I smile as my father stifles a laugh and pulls her into his arms.

Mason and I hold hands as the priest begins to speak, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the sight of god to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony."

We stare into each others eyes, conveying our love from the deepest part of ourselves. As they say, eyes are the windows to a persons soul. Suddenly he crosses his causing me to snort in amusement. I quickly cover my mouth and nose in embarrassment as the priest raises a brow at me. I duck my head and kick my snickering fiancé.

The priest continues, "The bride and groom have written their own vows."

Mason takes a deep breath, "Elsa Luna Gilbert, from the moment I met you, you've surprised me. Distracted me. Captivated me. And challenged me in a way that no one ever has. I've fallen in love with you over and over again, countless times without reservation. And I fall more in love with you every day. I promise to be true to you, to uplift you, and support you. To frustrate and challenge you. I'm already good at that ones. And to share with you all the beautiful, quirky moments of life. And maybe someday, if the stars align, I might even let you win an argument; even though you're always right. No matter what trials we encounter or what hardships we endure together or how much time has passed. I know that our love will never fade. That we will always find strength in one another. And that we will continue to grow side by side. You are my partner in crime. And I will love you always, with every beat of my heart."

I am so close to sobbing, as he looks into my eyes showing all the love he had for me. Everyone is laughing and crying as they gaze at us.

"Mason Taylor Lockwood, my heart has been yours since the first time you pushed me into the sandbox. Every time I look into your eyes I fall in love with you all over again. You have made me want to be a better person. And I will do everything in my power to bring you happiness. When you have lost your way, I promise to remind you where you were going. Where you want to be. And where you have been. I vow to support you for the things you do. Accept you for the things you can't. And love you for the things you are. I will always be your rock. And my love for you will never fade. Thank you for being my love, my happiness, and my life," I say, tears streaming down my face.

"Do you, Mason Lockwood, take Elsa to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, for rich or for poor, through sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?" Asks the priest, who also looks like he has tears in his eyes.

"I do."

"Do you, Elsa Luna, take Mason to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, for rich and for poor, in sickness and in health as long as you shall live?" He asks me.

"I do."

"I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride." Before the priest could finish Mason had already pulled me into a kiss as everyone around us cheered.

He dipped me and everyone cheered louder, making me blush."I love you, Mrs. Lockwood, to infinity." Mason whispers, pulling me close.

I whisper back smiling, "And beyond"

. . . .

Edited
785 Words