Chapter 19(Part 1): "The Kiss"

This is up the completed version of Chapter 19(Part 1-renamed): "The Kiss and The Events That Follow"
The second part will be posted tomorrow, or later today. (I've already written it, but I'm having a little trouble posting it).

-

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."

"I throw my passport in the sea

And name you my country

I throw all my dictionaries in the fire

And name you my language"

Ethan

Have you ever had one of those moments where you've felt so many good things at once that you were positive that your heart was going to explode any minute? A moment where you've felt butterflies and rainbows and chocolates and sparks and everything beautiful, just all at the same time.  A moment where your heart is slamming against your chest so hard that you're sure that your ribs will shatter into pieces, a moment where your brain completely shuts down and your lungs stop working, and time is for once, timeless. A moment where everything around you seems so much brighter even when your eyes are closed, a moment where your insides feel pure and alive, a moment where your soul visibly comes out to dance in triumph.

Kissing Elliot felt just like that. So many good things, all at the once.

His lips tasted like strawberries and cologne, and the type of passion that artists and poets killed for, the type of passion that was capable of soaking bedsheets, the type of passion that could bring the dead to life. He smelled like love and lust, mixed with the most the scent of a soul, a smell not even the greatest poet could describe, an aroma which didn't hit the nostrils, instead, the heart. He was breathing hard into the kiss, gifting a soul to a body which hadn't felt alive in years, a body which craved him so badly that it ached with the need to touch him. His hands were firmly placed on either side of my face, and his eyes were screwed close, almost as if he was afraid that I'd let him go, afraid that I'd push him away, afraid that if he opened his eyes the world would break him like it had done so many times before.

His lips were incredibly soft against my own, as he just stood there, not attempting to move them in the slightest. I felt like every part of my body was on fire, a fire that seared my insides, a fire only he could start, a fire only he could end, a fire that burned so deeply that I felt it in my soul. His hands caressed my face, his slender fingers leaving trails of love letters along my cheeks, stamping them so firmly that I couldn't remove them if I tried.

My eyelids began drooping as I felt his heartbeat in my ears, or perhaps it was my own. Just as I was about to reciprocate he pushed himself away, our lips parting with a pleasantly embarrassing sound, as he stood near me with my heart in his palms. The room was filled with the quiet sound of labored breaths, shaky sighs and heartbeats which seemed too loud in a silence that wasn't loud enough.

My entire body was paralyzed as I stared at him, my lips tingling with his taste, my insides numb with all the feelings they were not capable of handling. I could not make sense of anything that was happening, and all I could focus on was just how incredibly beautiful he looked standing there, the most wonderful mess of a painting I had ever seen. His hair was falling over his eyes in a different manner than the last time I had seen him, and his white button up shirt was winkled the slightest bit, the first few buttons opened , revealing the pale, smooth skin that lay underneath. His eyes were still shut as he breathed sexily, his teeth abusing his bottom lip, his small frame gently trembling. His face was flushed and even his ears was red, making him look almost painfully adorable.